It’s already after noon… I wonder how that happened.
So how was your Friday night? Did you do anything fun? I stayed in, fried up some Trader Joe’s chicken chow mein for din din and rented Dear John on iTunes. Oh, yeah, I nearly burst at the seams from excitement. ‘Twas almost too much to bear (ha ha)!
Dear John turned out to be a nice surprise. I wasn’t expecting much beforehand, I mean, with Channing Tatum in a serious role. Boy is FOINE, but he ain’t exactly Toby MG when it comes to acting, ya know?
I thought he and Amanda Seyfried had pretty good on-screen chemistry, though, and it wasn’t a completely typical soundtrack-driven romance. There was some depth to the characters, and I gotta give props to the director, Lasse Hallstrom, too, because of how well it’s filmed (same guy who did Chocolat and An Unfinished Life).
All I want to do this afternoon is relax… If I have it in me later I may go for a walk, but even that may take more effort than I care to exert. I’ve been feeling kinda tired and run down since Wednesday.
Tabs is here with me. He says, “mrow.” He’s watching an episode of True Blood right now and is convinced he’s a vampire. He keeps gesturing with his paw to his fangs, like, “See! See!”
Before I join him on the couch, you wanna catch a few waves together first?
Random bright spots
- What are the bestselling makeup colors in your hood? West Coasters love MAC and the Heartland loves Clinique — Bella Sugar
- How to deal with unruly bangs (at home) — Allure Daily Beauty Reporter Blog
- Big toe nail art? — Glamour
- Cute eye makeup for girls who wear glasses — Stylelist
- *LOVE* this colorful pastel eye look with greens, pinks, blues and yellows — Padmita’s Make Up Blog
- For the parents of indoor kittehs: introducing the Catio — New York Times
- Did you know it’s against the law to eat an orange in your bathtub in California? — Divine Caroline
- One of my new favorite websites — Stuff No One Told Me
New in beauty
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is now available in a rollerball set ($48)
- Are you a gloss girl who likes options? The Clinique High-Shine-to-Go Glosswear Set ($25) bursts with 12 shades of Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF 15
- For all my fellow germaphobes: Sephora by OPI Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer Spray ($5) kills 99.9 percent of germs on contact and won’t dry out your paws
- Clarins claims their new Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Comfort Cream for Normal to Dry Skin ($58) hydrates and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Now you can scent your bod and get your sunscreen on, too, with the Stella SPF 30+ Sunscreen Towelettes ($28) by Tocca
- Turn your shower into a tropical getaway with Philosophy’s Pineapple Coconut Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath ($16)
- Sick of your guy bogarting your lip balm? Get him Matte for Men’s Hydrating Citrus Lip Care SPF 15 ($6.50)
- WANT! Inspired by the islands of French Polynesia, the new Dior Escale aux Marquises Eau de Toilette Spray ($67, a Nordstrom Exclusive) boasts notes of blood orange, Tahitain tiare flower, vanilla and pink pepper extract
- A couple more Nordstrom Exlusive scents: Guerlain Idylle Eau de Parfum ($90) and pureDKNY Scent Spray ($42)
- The Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For Mascara ($22) promise clump-free volume, precise separation and dramatic length
- Chanel says the skin care products in their new Ultra Collection Line Repair collection offer a lightweight, sheer gel texture and deliver intensive anti-wrinkle action ($135-185)
- Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex ($50) uses something called “Chronolux Technology” to repair the delicate skin around the eyes
- Paul & Joe introduces a new lightweight, long-wearing lipgloss line called Lip Gloss G ($22 each)
- The Maybelline Eye Studio Cream Eyeshadow Trios ($7) feature three shades of shimmery cream shadows
- Make Up For Ever’s Kit Aqua Look Collection comes with five little liners in colorful shades
- I wonder how well the Philosophy Hope Springs Eternal Hydrating Mist & Revitalizing Mask Duo ($35) refreshes and purifies skin
I can’t get enough of this song…
Abd this one just makes me happy!
Put on your boogie shoes
Have a great day today, fellow beauty surfer. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,