Have you ever counted ’em up? For me it depends. Sometimes, it’s up to 30 (!) if I do multiple looks in the same day.
Once, though, I was able to pull off a makeup look with just two brushes, but that was a small miracle brought on by extreme circumstances…namely, me forgetting my entire brush bag at home before leaving for a trip.
But yeah, on a day-to-day basis, I typically use the following:
- 1 domed eyeshadow brush to apply and blend (usually the MAC 217)
- 1 tapered blending brush, again to apply and blend eyeshadow (MAC 224)
- 1 flat eyeshadow to do more of the same (MAC 239)
- 1 foundation brush to apply foundation (Hourglass No 2. Foundation/Blush Brush)
- 1 kabuki brush to blend my foundation (MAC 182)
- 1 additional domed eyeshadow brush to apply under-eye concealer (another MAC 217)
- 1 fluffy powder brush for face powder (I have one from Burberry that I like, although I can’t remember the exact name)
- 1 contour brush for bronzer (MAC 109)
- 1 blush brush (MAC 129)
- 1 tapered face brush for highlighter (MAC 139, or another 224. It depends on the product I’m applying.)
Hmm… That’s still 10 brushes.
I guess my attempts to streamline are a work in progress.
How about you? How many makeup brushes do you use on a daily basis?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,