You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past eight (!) years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Can’t stop/won’t stop! What beauty products are you guilty of hoarding?
GURL, you know I love me some foundation. I’ve got a drawer full of them because I fall in love with a new one every five minutes, LOL! (It’s so true, though.) I also stockpile lipsticks, nail polishes, body lotion and perfume.
- What’s your favorite thing to do on Sunday morning?
Sleep in as late as I want, and then have a leisurely breakfast (ideally, made by someone else!) and sit on the couch and watch TV or read in my jammies for a couple of hours.
Mind you, right now with the baby it feels like this is never, ever going to happen again, but I’m holding out hope…
- What are three makeup-related things you need/want?
Mostly, I need errrday basics…
- A new pan of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural face powder in Medium Tan (I’m just about done with mine)
- A stick of Urban Decay Brow Beater (I can’t find mine, and it’s breaking my heart into a million little pieces, WAH!)
- A lengthening mascara with killer curl hold, but I’m not sure which one… Ever since I gave birth, the lash situation has been dire, man. I don’t know what happened, but my lashes are even shorter now and absolutely will not hold a curl! If you have a recommendation, please let me know.
- Who always calls at the most innopportune moments?
My mom! I always love hearing from her, but she has an uncanny ability to call right as I’m about to fall asleep, or when I’m in the shower, or when I’m cleaning the bathroom, or when I’m almost to the front of the checkout line at Trader Joe’s, or when the baby’s feeding and my phone is somewhere on the other side of the house.
- When was the last time you felt on top of the world?
This morning when Connor opened her eyes, smiled from ear to ear and made cooing noises when I picked her up and held her in my arms. It made my heart sing!
I know, I’m such a cheeseball! But it was a great feeling.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Can’t stop/won’t stop! What beauty products are you guilty of hoarding?
2. What’s your favorite thing to do on Sunday morning?
3. What are three makeup-related things you want?
4. Who always calls at the most innopportune moments?
5. When was the last time you felt on top of the world?
Hi, friend. How are you doing this morning? What’s going on?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,