You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Who wants to be a mermaid princess?
Who doesn’t want to be a mermaid princess? You’re crazy if you say no to this. 🙂
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done in pursuit of a dream?
One of my dreams for a long time was to not be so afraid of the ocean, ’cause I was not a strong swimmer at all (I was even afraid in swimming pools if I couldn’t touch the bottom). I was like that until my early 20s, when I was looking through a magazine one day and read about women who surfed. I thought to myself, “I really want to do that.”
So I took a swimming class, joined a gym with a pool, and swam two times a week for six months. Then my good friend Cindy and I attended a week-long surf camp down in San Diego, and by the time we left, I was a surfer and was much more comfortable in the water.
- When was the last time you went to Portland?
I think it was 10 years ago? I hope to go back soon so I can put a bird on it (“Put a bird on it!”). I ask because one of my friends is visiting there now.
- When was the last time you were stranded somewhere?
Apparently it’s been a while because I’m having trouble remembering, LOL!
I think it was in the ’90s when I was going to school in Davis. I went to the mall and wasn’t really paying attention to the bus schedule, so I ended up not having a ride home. I just remember being in front of Macy’s with a bunch of ruffians thinking, “How the hell did I get myself into this situation?”
- Do you like going to live sporting events?
Only if I don’t have to pay attention, and if there’s hella beer and garlic fries.
- Share an inspiring quote that you like.
“You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.” – Max Ehrmann, from Desiderata.
- Do you gush over babies?
When they’re smiling and wearing cute outfits. 🙂
- In what decade were you a teenager?
In the ’90s. Oughh! And it was rough. I would have killed to have beauty blogs and YouTube back then.
- What’s one piece of furniture you’d like to replace in your home?
I hate my freaking dresser drawers in my bedroom, and I’ve hated them since the day I brought them home something like 12 years ago (I got it cheap off of Craigslist).
- It’s in my nature to be…
I don’t know… It’s in my nature to be a worrywart.
- BONUS! Have you ever had a bedroom with wallpaper?
No, ’cause my parents were weird and only believed in white walls, but my best friend had Strawberry Shortcake wallpaper, and every single time I’d go to her house to play I was wracked with Strawberry Shortcake jealousy.
Now it’s your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em! 🙂
1. Who wants to be a mermaid princess?
2. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done in pursuit of a dream?
3. When was the last time you went to Portland?
4. When was the last time you were stranded somewhere?
5. Do you like going to live sporting events?
6. Share an inspiring quote that you like.
7. Do you gush over babies?
8. In what decade were you a teenager?
9. What’s one piece of furniture you’d like to replace in your home?
10. It’s in my nature to be…
11. BONUS! Have you ever had a bedroom with wallpaper?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Monday doesn’t stand a chance against us. Greatness awaits!