You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Assuming you had to choose one (“neither” is not an option), would you rather wear a pink business suit or a leopard-print business suit to the office?
Alright, I’ll play your playfully twisted game, Ms. Karen. 🙂 I’ll go with the pink business suit if I can get it cut well and tailored to fit my eight-month pregnant self, HAHA! — ideally, in either a soft blush or rich, warm hot pink…
The leopard print is also tempting…but I’m thinking that Cookie Lyon from Empire is the only person who could successfully pull that off and make it look legit.
- My heart melts when I see ______.
- Kittens awkwardly padding around with their fluffy feet, aww! (Side note: I wish I’d known Tabs when he was a tiny baby cat. He must have been the cutest kitten.)
- Dads holding sleeping babies.
- Pictures of me and my brother together, and pics of me and my friends when we were kids.
- Have you ever worn safety pins as a fashion accessory?
No, I was never cool enough to pull it off. I do have a cousin Beverly, though, who rocked the look and rocked it well. She’d line the sides of her jeans with big silver safety pins, and it looked really cool.
- Doughnuts or cake?
Abstolutely. Yes. All you can spare. 🙂
But if I have to pick one or the other…cake, with lots of layers and yummy frosting, because I’m not into frosting that doesn’t have any flavor.
Mmm… And if I happen to be having this cake while I’m not pregs, I would very much like to wash it down with champagne please.
- What are some of your nicknames?
K-dawg, Sweetie, Karonie and Katie.
Your turn. 🙂 Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Assuming you had to choose one (“neither” is not an option), would you rather wear a pink business suit or a leopard-print business suit to work?
2. My heart melts when I see ______.
3. Have you ever worn safety pins as a fashion accessory?
4. Doughnuts or cake?
5. What are some of your nicknames?
Good morning, glory! You know what word I like, even though it’s a word for something that isn’t great? “Inclement,” like inclement weather, which a lot of the U.S. is having. I hope it’s not too bad where you are…
Oh, here’s something you might like: a SoundCloud playlist called Focused Work. Give this one a listen next time you have to concentrate on something.
Happy Monday, my friend. Stay warm, and have a good one.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,