You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- What did you do last weekend?
Just errands and housework on Sunday, but Saturday was “meow” day. My day. Slept in, worked out, went to the Bliss Spa at the W Hotel in SF for a massage and then out to dinner at the The Front Porch. (SOUL FOOD! If you go, you gotta try the baked mac ‘n’ cheese.)
- Folks who are fun to travel with?
Jen and Cindy, my two best buddies from high school.
- Did you ever go through a rebellious stage?
Not really. I wasn’t the type to start sh*t with my parents or teachers or anything. I think I was pretty easygoing.
But I did go through a rough patch in my late teens. I was learning how to assert myself about things I liked and didn’t like, and maybe it looked a little like a rebellious stage to my parents. For the first time in my life, I wasn’t doing exactly what they wanted me to do (keep studying science and go to medical school).
Ah, growing pains…
- Your current favorite hand cream?
I picked up a small tube of Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream at Bliss Spa last weekend, and dang if that stuff’s not pretty great! It absorbs quickly, works well and doesn’t leave me with greasy fingers.
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Two scrambled eggs with some canned tuna and chopped green onions. Oh! — and a cup of coffee.
- Something you keep meaning to do but haven’t gotten to yet?
Yargh! Find a gym up here in Novato with a good spinning class and free weights.
- When was the last time you went to the beach?
Geez, I don’t know. February, I think? El Hub and I went for a walk along Ocean Beach in SF.
- How do you feel about high-waisted cut-off jean shorts? Yes or no?
I see a lot of teens/tweens wearing this look, and it’s stressing me out! For me, no.
- Do you drink enough water?
I try to, but lately, I don’t think so. I gotta work on that this week.
- One thing you’re working on this week?
Well, drinking more water. That’s one thing.
But I also need to get better about managing stress, which I think boils down to working too late on the computer. Every day I intend to get up from my desk by 6 p.m., but I keep breaking my own rules! What’s up with that? Frankie says relax, dammit! Gotta get up, go eat dinner, watch some TV, spend time with El Hub.
To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.
1. What did you do last weekend?
2. Folks who are fun to travel with?
3. Did you ever go through a rebellious stage?
4. Your current favorite hand cream?
5. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
6. Something you keep meaning to do but haven’t gotten to yet?
7. When was the last time you went to the beach?
8. High-waisted cut-off jean shorts — yes or no?
9. Do you drink enough water?
10. One thing you’re working on this week?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,