Last week I told myself, “Self, if you run at least three times this week, you can get yourself something from your Lust List, and ya know what? It totally worked! And now I get to treat myself to a pair of Senita shorts, woo-hoo! 🙂
Does this mean that I no longer have the itch to give any more cute things a happy home (a.k.a. SHOP TILL I DROP)? Nope!
Hence my latest Lust List…
- Ann Taylor Stripe Puff-Sleeve Linen Sunday Tee ($39.50) — Why is it so hard to find a decent striped tee?? I think I may have finally found THE ONE, though. It’s from Ann Taylor. The stripes are the right width, and there aren’t too many of them. It’s black and white, which goes with everything, and I like the puffy sleeve action in the shoulders. Everything I’ve gotten from Ann Taylor also holds up well, so I’m hoping that it won’t spring holes after I wash and wear it a few times. Since Ann Taylor has 40-60% off sales every other second (no, seriously, they do a LOT), I’m going to wait until this one goes on sale.
- Street Level Reversible Faux Leather Tote & Wristlet ($48) — I’ve been really into totes lately, because sometimes it’s nice to just reach in and grab what I need without having to dig through hella pockets. But it can’t just be any old tote. The size, shape and weight of said tote is a really big deal (at least it is for me), and this reversible faux leather tote by Street Level ticks off all the right boxes. It’s slim, lightweight and roomy, but not overtly big. It comes in a bunch of colors, too. I have the Black/Cognac one pictured above, but the Sage/Ivory also looks super pretty). This one is $48 and comes with a matching wristlet. WANT!
- Viseart Sultry Muse Satin Eyeshadow Palette ($80) — I feel that the Viseart Neutral Matte Palette I got a few weeks ago needs a satiny sister to keep her company. If the satins are as fab as the mattes, then sh*t, girl. My wallet’s in trouble.
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream ($39) — Please don’t tell Caroline Hirons that I’m stalking her. I totally am! Anyway, she did a post on BB creams a while back and recommended this one. I haven’t tried it yet, but I really want to now because I’ve been all about that BB cream life.
- Gola Rainbow Stripe Sneakers ($68) — OK, I know I’m probably going to get these white tennies dirty in the first five minutes of wearing them, but the rainbows. THE RAINBOWS! I’ve never heard of this British brand, but apparently they’ve been around since 1905, so, technically, the Downton Abbey ladies could’ve worn them (yes, I know that probably didn’t happen because FICTION). I’m so curious! They sure look comfy…
- Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Color Paint Shadow ($25) — Cream shadows! New ones! I don’t think they had these out when I went to Sephora a couple weeks ago. Must check next time, because, hi! — they aren’t all shimmery. There’s a handful of mattes and satins (and some shimmers, too, of course), which means that the browns and taupes will have to enter my life sometime very soon.
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau Intense ($100) — I wore the original Light Blue on my wedding day, so I’m sentimental about this scent. I wonder how different this version is and if they boosted any particular notes.
- Kate Spade Frames (Price TBD) — I’ve been putting off buying new glasses for…I don’t know, a ridiculous amount of time. I’m talking YEARS. I tried on some Kate Spade sunnies at Nordstrom Rack the other day, and I liked how they fit my face, so I’m thinking that the eyeglass frames might be a good fit too. I googled some pics and found this one. I think it’s the Catrina, but I’m not sure. I’m hoping to find a similar style soon (ideally at Costco, because I have a membership there, and the glasses are pretty affordable).
If you’ve tried the Smashbox BB cream, gimme the scoop. Did you like it? (I’m hoping you say yes.) Or, if you have another BB cream that you’re into, lemme know, because clearly I “need” another sheer-to-medium base in my life. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. I forgot to talk about the baby shower last weekend! My sweet friend Mary Anne (she wrote a wonderful post on the blog some years ago) is having a girl!!! They did the gender reveal at the shower.
I’ve got a mild case of baby fever at the moment… Who am I kidding? I am full-on baby crazy, and I’m counting down the seconds till I can hold that newborn!