If you thought that Italians were only good at making cars that cost more than houses, drool-inducing food, shoes, colosseums, towers, and thousand-year-old churches…
Well, I hope my Best in Beauty From the Boot series here on Makeup and Beauty Blog during Karen’s maternity leave showed you that we may also know a thing or two about makeup.
It’s forming neat and tidy queues (there are literally no queues in Italy; just messy groups of people ruled by “survival of the fittest,” LOL), yielding the right-of-way to vehicles or pedestrians, and parking within the lines that we struggle with, and I guess you can blame that on our national artistic soul. I mean, artists do have a reputation for not conforming to rules, right? No one’s perfect. 🙂
But let’s focus on the good things that my country has to offer (always focus on the good!).
You know, I was taught to share the best things in life with friends and family, and I wish I could share some of the things that Italy is known for with you, like homemade lasagna, Valentino pumps, shiny Lamborghinis, or magnificent colosseums…but for shipping and budgetary reasons, it looks like I’m not going to be able to do that.
How about a whole lot of UH-MAZING Italian makeup instead?!
IT’S GIVEAWAY TIME!
I’ve partnered with Karen to give away this handpicked prize package of some of my favorite Italian makeup (a $148/€134 value) to one lucky reader. I really think you’ll love these products.
I’ve talked about most of these items in my Best in Beauty From the Boot series over the past few months since Connor Claire was born.
Here’s everything you’ll get in the prize:
- NABLA Eyeshadow Pan in Caramel
- NABLA Eyeshadow Pan in Rust
- NABLA Eyeshadow Pan in Desire
- NABLA Eyeshadow Pan in Sandy
- NABLA Eyeshadow Pan in Glitz
- NABLA Eyeshadow Pan in Water Dream
- NABLA Liberty Magnetic Palette
- NABLA Diva Crime Lipstick in Alter Ego
- NEVE Cosmetics Blush Garden in Tuesday Rose
- Collistar TWIST Ultra-Shiny Eyeshadow in 106 Bronze
- MADINA Exact Color Lipstick
- MADINA Prisma Blush in 03
- MADINA Prisma Allover Highlighter in 01
- Deborah 24ORE Color Mat Eyeliner in 10 Bamboo
- PUPA I’M Lipstick in 301 Poppy
- WYCON Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick in 20 Sweet Strawberry
If you’d like to sample some of the best makeup that Italy has to offer, enter this Instagram giveaway now!
- Follow me, @carol_in_a_page, on Instagram
- Post a picture of one of your favorite pieces of makeup in the whole, wide universe, and include #winbeautyfromtheboot
- When you’re done, come back here and leave a comment on this blog post to let me know. The deadline to enter is midnight (PST) on Sunday, July 31st.
The giveaway is open to readers worldwide, but the prize will ship from me here in Italy, so if you win and you live outside the EU, you’ll be responsible for paying taxes and duties when the prize arrives.
Creating content for MBB and interacting with you guys has been both an honor and a pleasure. Thank you so much for your kind support and thoughtful comments!
I really hope to continue chatting with you about makeup and other things on my blog at carolinapage.eu, and I hope you visit Italy someday! 🙂
OK, I’m just gonna go now before I get sappy and emotional…
Good luck in the giveaway!