Have you ever stopped to count? I did the other day, just for kicks, and was like, WHOA! No wonder I feel like I’m always cleaning those suckers.
From start to finish, for an eye look with 1-3 shadows, I probably average between 8-12 brushes.
- Foundation brush
- Blending brush to buff foundation
- Concealer brush
- Domed fluffy brush (to apply powder to set concealer)
- Powder blush for face powder
- Bronzer brush
- Blush brush
- Angled brush to fill in brows
- Flat eye shadow brush to apply color to lids
- Tapered blending brush to blend eye shadow
- Domed brush for crease
- Small pencil brush for lash lines
When I’m in a hurry, of course, I pare that waaay down to maybe a brow brush, a concealer brush, a powder brush, a blush/bronzer brush and a domed eye brush.
How about you? How many brushes do you usually use to apply your makeup?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,