Parking spots are hard to come by in San Francisco, so I maintain a list with a few choice parking garages in my favorite neighborhoods. When I went dancing last week, I parked in my favorite Chinatown parking garage, which is not only open 24 hours/day, but it’s also just across the street from a police station (safe). That, and there are fortunes painted in each stall, which I think is a nice touch. Here was mine:
Last night I got about two seconds of sleep and woke up this morning feeling super cranky. I needed something to snap me out of my funk, so I tried to think positively (so corny, I know, but it works). I thought about my parking garage fortune and wrote this little list. Slowly, but surely, the fog of grumpiness lifted…
9 Reasons Why I’m Happy Today
- It’s sunny outside and warm enough to wear sandals.
- The first song I heard today was Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order. It always puts a smile on my face.
- I get to work on a really fun writing project later today in which I can write about makeup.
- The cherry trees are blossoming on my street, blanketing the pavement with pretty pink petals.
- MAC Girl Friendly Paint Pot!
- Having El Hub, who woke up with me at 2:30AM and got out of bed to pour me a glass of water and rub my hair until I fell asleep.
- Bookstore runs — I’m going after work to treat myself to a new book (I just finished and recommend Pretties by Scott Westerfeld).
- My Shu Uemura at-home manicure still remains relatively chip free.
Now how about you? What happiness can you share with others today?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Just in case it makes you happy, too…