Up, up, up, babe! It’s time to get up! Happy caturday. 🙂
In seemingly random news, today is my cross-training day.
See, I’ve been “training” for a half marathon (quotes because I’m still finding my rhythm), which is in about five weeks, and the plan I’m following calls for doing something different every day of the week, like, some days I’m supposed to run just a few miles at a slower-than-normal pace, some days are rest days, and then once a week I’m supposed to push myself a little harder with a slightly longer run (that was yesterday for me…so I’m a little tired).
Today is the day I’m supposed to cross-train, which means doing something other than running, like bicycle riding, walking or doing…I haven’t quite figured out what to do yet. The idea is to keep from overtraining and injuring the same muscles I use while running, but I don’t know what activity to do. I mean, after five minutes of push-ups, my arms are burnt toast, so that’s not much of a workout, and I don’t have an exercise bike or a gym membership.
Hmm… Maybe I’ll bust out a Jillian Michaels DVD (after I have three cups of coffee, LOL!).
What are you up to this weekend? Doing anything fun? I haven’t thought very far ahead yet, so I’m kind of winging it… I did want to mention that in addition to this weekend’s Sephora giveaway right here, that other giveaway for the Purina Pro Plan cat snacks (and other swag, including a giant refrigerator magnet frame, tote bag, food bowl and autographed picture of Tabs), is still open for new entries until Wednesday, September 10, and there haven’t been that many entries yet, so your cat’s chances of winning are pretty great. And you can enter in five ways. Once on Twitter, once on Facebook, once on Pinterest, once on Instagram and once in a comment on the giveaway post.
I’m just saying…if your cat likes those treats half as much as Tabs does, you’ll make him/her pretty happy.
Now I’d better go get started on that caffeine I mentioned if I’m going to have a successful cross-training day, whatever that means, haha. If you have any cross-training workout ideas for me, let me know.
- One (1) Sephora eGift card containing $50 sent to the winner by email (international readers, you may opt to receive $50 sent by PayPal instead).
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S. and international readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter (or otherwise an adult based on your local laws).
- Your comment can be about anything at all, but here are some ideas if you’re stuck:
- What time do you usually go to bed?
- Have you ever had a polydactyl cat?
- What’s your current favorite drugstore product (makeup, and also non-makeup)?
- Have you ever touched an elephant?
- Can you do the splits?
- Tell me about your outfit yesterday (makeup, hair, clothes).
- You can enter in up to seven ways to boost your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, September 8, 2014 at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time). 🙂
- Full terms and conditions are available in the widget.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,