- You stash pet hair remover rollers everywhere — inside your bathroom, your car, at work — EVERYWHERE. You may even have mini travel ones stuffed in each and every one of your purses.
- You’re friends with all the neighborhood cats, and you even know what treats each and every one of them likes/doesn’t like. 🐈
- Occasionally, random cats you’ve never seen before will enter you house and kick it with you for a few hours, and you’re totally fine with it. Side note: One time I came home to find a stranger cat on top of my fridge. I called him Katmandu, and he loved bacon.
- You maintain a list of potential cat names you like, just in case the universe decides to send along another kitty friend. Current names on my list include Sheila E. (my brother lives with a cat named Sheila E. How cool is that?), Baroness Schraeder and Sugar.
- Even though your heart has broken into a million pieces after the kitty love of your life leaves you, you’re eventually able to make space for another feline friend, and you remember why you love cats so, so much.
- You’re often surprised by how finicky some cats are about food. Like, one minute they loooooove Sheba Salmon and can’t get enough of it. The next minute (LITERALLY THE NEXT MINUTE), they won’t have anything to do with it. In fact, they’re utterly repulsed by the very idea, and you end up stuck with 24 cans you just ordered from Amazon Prime. 😽
- Teary-eyed, you wonder things like what your friends or family will do with the wooden memorial box of your former cat’s ashes when you pass away…
- You keep cat treats in your purse…because it never hurts to be prepared.
- When you come across a new cat in the neighborhood, you immediately bestow a name upon him or her. Because it’s the right thing to do. 👍🏼
- When you find a stranger cat sleeping in the back seat of your car, your first thought is, “Oh, cool. Make yourself at home.” And, yes, this has totally happened to me more than once.
- You’ve often wished that you could bring your cat with you on family vacations.
- You have cat-related reminders scheduled on your calendar. (Side note: “Siri, remind me to buy cat litter and litter pan liners.”)
- When your cat talks to you, you can hear her “voice” in your head, clear as day. 💖
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict (and cat lady at large),