I feel that if the Park Ave Princess Contour Palette by Tarte ($34) came with a tiara, it would be that much more legit, because what’s a princess without a tiara?! A frickin’ travesty, that’s what it is.
Even though I like this palette, which comes with three powder products — a bronzer, blush and highlighter — I think it would be even more awesome if it came in a few different versions, like one for light skin tones, another for medium skin tones, and a third one for darker skin tones.
This would be the one for lighter lasses. The bronzer has a matte finish, which is what I usually use for doing deep cheek contouring, but this one doesn’t do squat for me as a contour color. It’s just not quite dark enough for an effective chisel. As a true contour color, it would prolly work better for pale princesses.
For medium mavens and darker divas, I do think it’s OK for a subtle overall bronzing effect, though.
Tarte Park Ave Princess Contour Palette ($34)
- $34, and available now online and at Tarte counters as part of Tarte’s new spring 2014 Anniversary Collection.
- It comes with a 0.23-oz. pan of Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer in Park Ave Princess (a light golden brown with a matte finish), a 0.10-oz. pan of Amazonian Clay Blush in Posh (a matte pale pink) and a 0.10-oz. pan of Champagne Gold Highlighter (a shimmery golden beige).
- Like most of Tarte’s products, these long-lasting powders (I get about seven hours out of them) contain Amazonian clay, Tarte’s secret ingredient, which is supposed to balance and provide different benefits to different skin types, like oily, combination and dry.
- The soft, moderately pigmented powders should be very beginner-friendly and easy to apply and blend, but I think the three shades would probably work best for lighter skin tones.
- Tiara, Prince Charming, ball gown, glass carriage and ponies NOT included. 🙂
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Tarte counters and online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B/B+