Flashback! Marsala sooooo reminds me of the deep, dark reddish browns of the ’90s, like MAC Paramount. Take me back, homie…
I do like the shimmery twists and sheens Sephora incorporated to modernize marsala in their Sephora + Pantone Universe makeup collection, because back in the day, the shade probably would have been reserved for flat mattes, which were nearly impossible to blend.
The Sephora + Pantone Universe Makeup Collection
- A limited edition eight-piece release
- Available now at Sephora stores and sephora.com
- I’m really liking the $28 Shimmering Marsala Cheek Trio. Very easy to blend.
- The $18 Pure Marsala Matte Lip Creme is smooth and creamy and super pretty. Very ’90s, too.
- The Marsala Metalshine Liquid Liner, also $18, is quite shimmery and pigmented.
- While also pigmented, $20 Bold Marsala Mascara & Brow Highlighter is totally NOT wearable at all.
- Overall, I can get behind the cheek trio, the lipstick and the liner…but the mascara and brow highlighter just make my brows and lashes look hella red. But not runway red in a fashion-forward way. More like red as in demon spawn. Think hard before going there… I’m just sayin’.
P.S. I’m on the way out the door to go to that restaurant/nightclub with the Prince cover band in San Rafael. If I don’t see you again tonight, please have a safe and happy New Year’s. See you in 2015! 🙂