“Because Old Navy” is as good a reason as any to sport sparkly skin on a typical spring Tuesday. Or Wednesday. ?
I mean, I really just want to get out of my pajamas before noon and feel cute again on the regular, truth be told. If there’s a maximum number of days a person should spend in sleepwear per year, I’ve definitely exceeded that limit!
Like the subtle spring sparkle look I did for last weekend’s luncheon, this one also took about 10 minutes. The spring sparkle comes courtesy of glossy coral lips, khaki lids and lash lines with subtle shimmer, and glowing skin.
All of the primary face products I used — the tint, powder, bronzer, highlighter and even the setting spray — have subtle shimmer and create a dewy, glowing look that’s perfect for a sunny spring day.
I hadn’t been to Old Navy in a while, and guuurl, sometimes when I go in there the store looks like the ninth wrinkled polyester circle of hell, but yesterday, not so much.
Ugh, SO MUCH CUTENESS! They’ve got this retro tropical vibe happening, and it speaks to my soul. Hibiscus, parrots, palm trees left and right. Good thing I had Connor with me and she was getting antsy for lunch because I would’ve been tempted to stay a lot longer and try everything on.
Get the look
TOOLS (products I used are in italic)
- A face primer (MAC Prep + Prime Skin)
- A dual-ended eye brush with a tapered blending brush on one end and a flat eyeshadow brush on the other (Chanel Blender/Shader Brush; I used the same one from the previous Spring Sparkle post which I hadn’t had the chance to wash yet, LOL!)
- Face brushes for applying and blending concealer, powder, highlighter bronzer (MAC 131, MAC 204S and an ancient Dolce & Gabbana powder brush)
- A brow gel (Hourglass Arch Brow Gel in Dark Brunette)
- A waterproof mascara (MAC In Extra Dimension Waterproof)
- A black liner (Cargo black pencil)
- A matte khaki shadow pencil (NUDESTIX Magnetic Matte Eye Color in Army)
- A shimmery olive eyeshadow (MAC In Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Sea Worship)
- A shimmery khaki eyeliner (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stash)
- An under-eye concealer (Make Up For Ever HD Ultra Concealer in Y33, Y41)
- A powder to set your under-eye concealer, if you want/need to (NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder)
- A liquid skin tint (Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint in Honey)
- A face powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden)
- A semi-matte bronzer (Hourglass Ambient Radiant Bronze Light)
- A shimmery golden highlighter (MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Gilt)
- A shimmery pinkish peach highlighter (MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Show Gold, although this is totally optional)
- A matte coral liquid lipstick (MAC Retro Matte Lip Colour in Rich & Restless)
- A glittery coral lipgloss (MAC Dazzleglass in Tangerine Tropica)
- A setting spray with subtle shimmer (MAC Fix+ in Pinklite)
- Apply face primer, and allow it to dry for a bit as you start working on your eyes
- Curl lashes if you want/need to, then layer one or two layers of your waterproof mascara
- Fill in brows with the brow gel
- Apply the khaki shadow stick from lash line into the crease, feathering out the edges
- Pat and blend the shimmery olive eyeshadow onto lids
- Dab the shimmery peachy pink highlighter onto the inner part of lid (optional)
- Line water lines with the black eyeliner, then line lash lines with the shimmery khaki eye pencil
- Sweep bronzer into your crease and along the lower lash lines
- Even out skin by applying and blending the face tint
- Disguise dark circles and/or any areas where you want more coverage with concealer
- Dust a sheer layer of face powder to set
- Blend bronzer on your cheekbones, around the edge of your face, and across the bridge of your nose
- Sweep golden highlighter on the tops of cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose
- Apply the coral matte liquid lipstick to your lips, then top with the gloss
- Finish by misting your face with the setting spray
No, seriously, I want it all
Starting with these sweatshirts and tops…
I also wouldn’t mind this dress, even though the material felt a little heavier than I expected…
Oh, and the babies/toddler/kids section was ? bananas.
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for a good sale if you will. I’m having a minor wardrobe crises at the moment, and everything sure looks tempting…
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,