Do you ever start a look with a specific idea in mind, but then it turns into something completely different?! That’s what happened with this eye makeup. I fully intended to do a simple lid with a sweep of matte brown eyeshadow and the thinnest slice of purple winged liner (“Just five minutes, Karen, that’s it!”), but surprise! — somehow I ended up with several shades of purple swirling together into this violet smoke show.
I mean…there is a hint of a gradient wing happening (on the upper lash line if you look closely), so I guess I kinda stuck to the plan? HA HA HA. Eventually, at some point along this crazy makeup journey we call life, I’m just going to have to lean into my smokey eye tendencies and accept that I really don’t want to do any other type of look. 🤷♀️
Also, shout-out to the early Aughts with the shimmery, icy blue inner corner highlight. Add a satin camisole shirt, low-slung bootcut jeans and a fedora. and it’s 2002 all over again!
(You know you rocked this same look back in the day. 😂)
I’m wearing a couple new Urban Decay products, by the way — the Naked Ultraviolet Palette (very easy to blend!) and the Lash Freak Mascara (tons of volume at the roots). If you have any questions about either, hit me up in the comments.
Makeup worn in this look
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
- Chanel eye primer
- Urban Decay Naked Ultraviolet Palette
- Urban Decay Lash Freak Mascara
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC42 mixed with Pinklite Strobe Cream
- MAC Graphblack Liner
- MAC Clear Brow Set
- It Cosmetics Brow PowerFULL in Universal Taupe
- Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer
- The Lip Bar Lipstick in Baby Bellini
- The Lip Bar Lip Pencil in Straight Lovin
- Wander Beauty Lip and Cheek in Double Date
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,