Benefit has been on frickin’ fire this spring, ladies. Their upcoming “360-degree” eye makeup primer, Stay Don’t Stray ($24), works beneath eyeshadows AND concealers to lock both of them in place.
The “360-degree” part applies to where it’s designed to be used — from the eyelid to the under-eye area, and all the way around. Cool, yah?
A couple of notes and first impressions…
- Color: Just one, a neutral medium beige with a hint of yellow. Because it doesn’t have strong peach pink or tones, however, it should work well with a wide range of skin tones. And while it shines in liquid form, it dries on my skin to a matte finish.
- Texture: Thin, like a liquid lotion that feels super light and smooth to the touch. Also, a little really goes a long way.
- Packaging: I was expecting a wand (like Urban Decay’s Potion Primer) but like the so-called “custom airless pump.” That’s Benefit’s phrase for it. I’m not sure what it means, but I do know that it’s touchy. Push down a little too hard, and out comes a ton of product!
The marketing stuff…
- Contains vitamins C&E to fight signs of aging
- Packed with sodium hyaluronate to smooth and hydrate skin
- Made to work with most concealers and eyeshadows
I’m looking forward to testing it with Sugarbomb…
I’m still Sephora-ing
I paid another therapeutic visit to Sephora today, just to look around and play, and spent some time adoring blushes from NARS, an eyeliner from Make Up For Ever and the pictured $58 (OMG!) blush duo from Hourglass Cosmetics.
Thankfully, I fled before any damage was done, LOL!
So howzit going tonight? What are you up to? 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,