I received a few requests to see a tutorial after a look last week with pink cheeks and bronze, gold and purple eyes, so here it is!
I keep this one in my back pocket for date nights and parties because it’s a little bit dressy, but not full-on formal. Could be a nice look to wear to a work holiday party.
Last week I used a couple of limited edition products from BECCA that are out of circulation now (the Halcyon Days Palette and Cabrera Liner Duo), so this time around, to make things a little easier to duplicate, I replaced those pieces with similar colors from MAC’s permanent line (the other BECCA products here are still available).
- A shimmery golden bronze cream shadow like BECCA Eye Tint in Gilt
- A satiny golden brown eyeshadow like MAC Soba
- A shimmery, warm peachy gold like MAC Woodwinked
- A dark plum liner like MAC Prunella
- A reddish golden bronze liner like MAC Teddy and https://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/mac-unsung-hero-powersurge-eye-kohl/MAC Powersurge layered together
- A shimmery golden purple eyeshadow like BECCA Marcella (from the Balearic Love Palette)
- A pink cream blush like BECCA Lychee Beach Tint
- A peach and pink powder blush like BECCA Damselfly and Flowerchild
- A pinky nude lip liner like MAC Sublime Culture
- A pinky nude gloss like Illamasqua Intimacy
Step by step
- Start by patting the shimmery bronze eyeshadow all over your lids.
- Next, sweep your satiny golden brown eyeshadow directly on top of the bronze eyeshadow you just used.
- Then, pat a warm peachy gold from your lashes down into the crease.
- Line your upper water line and upper lash line with your plum liner, and then smudge out the edges with your golden purple eyeshadow.
- Line your lower lash and water lines with your reddish golden bronze liner.
- Fill in your brows, and apply mascara.
- Now, blend the pink blush on your cheeks, and layer the peach and pink powder blushes on top.
- Lastly, line and fill in your lips with your pinky nude liner topped with a layer of nude gloss.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. What are we gonna do now without The Walking Dead on Sunday nights?? Seriously, I’m going through zombie withdrawals…
Do you have any recommendations? I can trade a movie rec in return. 🙂 A GREAT rental called Beasts of the Southern Wild. It’s a modern day fairy tale of sorts (definitely for grownups though) about a tiny, isolated community of people who live in the marshlands south of some levees that I think are somewhere along the Gulf Coast. The levees act as a wall, not only keeping storm waters from flooding the North, but also keeping the people north and south apart. The southerners, most of them by choice, but the youngest among them because they don’t know any different, live their entire lives in this tight-knit bayou community that might as well be on the other side of the world.
I thought it was fascinating, at times very disturbing, and touching at the same time.