I think it’s safe to say that Patrick Starrr sleigh-ed 2018.
Get it? Sleigh-ed?? 🤣
OK, sorry, you know how I am with puns.
The mega influencer/YouTuber/all-around “It Boy” is launching yet another collab with MAC, and it’s pretty intense for a holiday collection. There are five lipglosses, three lipsticks, a huge over-sized Mineralized Skinfinish that’s almost as big as my head, a translucent loose setting powder, two eyeshadow palettes and three pigments, and the whole shebang drops December 3rd.
Patrick Starrr’s known for bringing the glam, so there’s lots of sparkle, shine and cheeky innuendo. The products have names like “Shady Santa” and “Ride My Sleigh.”
I just swatched the collection and took a few things out for a spin while I returned almost all of the clothing I bought on Black Friday… Side note: The jig is sooooo up. I officially loathe shopping for clothes because apparently I’m terrible at it now and can no longer dress myself without professional help. ARRRGHHHH!
I did, however, keep this $10 scarf from Old Navy, which happens to go with the rose gold eyes I wore using Patrick’s Oh Holy Eyes palette.
Some thoughts on the products…
- Eye Shadow X 6 in Oh Holy Eyes: Swatches smoothly and intensely, but when the shadows are applied dry, they’re sheer on my lids. The shimmers are pretty frosty, too, so I had to buff like crazy to take the shine down a few notches.
- Pigment in PatrickStarrr: Fine shimmer? I like!
- Mineralize Skinfinish in Baby Its Gold Outside: Intense and frosty.
- Lipstick in Spank Me Santa: A smooth, opaque, WEARABLE rose
- Dazzleglass in Twerk for Gifts: Surprisingly subtle glitter that isn’t gritty. Love this as a layering gloss for nudes and pinks.
- Set Powder: Completely translucent (no flashback), but very, very matte.