We’ve been sticking pretty close to home for a while, as you can probably imagine (because you’re in the same boat!). We haven’t ventured out of town much at all, but yesterday we drove up to the cute town of Sonoma about 20 miles north.
I have a friend who lives up there (hi, Marisol!), and after a quick socially distanced visit, during which I dropped off one of the aloe plants I repotted over the weekend, we stopped at Sonoma Plaza to do some exploring.
Sonoma Plaza is a large outdoor square with playgrounds, trees, paths, duck ponds and plenty of picnic tables. It’s surrounded by wine tasting rooms, restaurants, shops and the last of the 21 Spanish missions built in California. Most of the stores and restaurants are currently closed, of course, but the walk around the area is beautiful.
Before I go on, to ensure that this post is at least marginally makeup related, here’s the five-minute makeup look I wore. It’s been my go-to look as of late.
- Brows: Urban Decay Brow Blade (super long lasting, and so easy to use)
- Lashes: Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara (waterproof, doesn’t flake)
- Liquid liner: MAC Brushblack Brushstroke Liner (ultra black and draws sharp edges with ease)
- Eyeshadow: MAC Cork (the best for carving out a soft crease)
- Under-eye concealer: Estee Lauder Instant Fix Concealer in Medium Deep
- Face Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden (used this alone as a base, no foundation)
- Blush: MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush
We walked all over the plaza, exploring the paths and different areas of the park, and doing some hardcore socially distanced people watching. It’s been an unusually warm January here, so there were people about, but everyone was wearing masks and social distancing.
The trees! There are so many of them!