Transcript of me talking to a stranger in a Nordstrom Rack fitting room a few weeks ago:
Me: “Oh, my god. Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod. OH. MY. GAWD!”
Stranger in the stall next to me: *knocks politely on wall* “Miss? Are you doing OK?”
Me: “Yeah, I’m OK. I’m so sorry. I forget sometimes that I’m, ya know, out in public.”
Stranger in the stall next to me: “Erh… Alright.”
This exchanged happened as I was trying on the DKNY Fusion Perfect Bra, a lightly padded underwire t-shirt bra.
This exchange also happened shortly before I bought all of the available Fusion Perfect Bras in my size in the store (there were two!), and a few hours prior to me buying three more online at nordstromrack.com.
Seriously, SO GOOD.
My new favorite affordable everyday bra
The Fusion Perfect Bra is regularly $42, but it’s on sale now for $18.97 at “DA RACK,” as I like to call it, and while a few of the colors are sold out, there are still a good number of sizes and shades available. If you can snag your size in a color you like, all I have to say is…do your boobies a favor, and get them into this ultimate over-the-shoulder boulder holder.
Props to the marketing peeps who came up with the phrase, “perfect fusion,” because this bra is indeed a perfect blend of functionality, fit and feel.
It’s bra nirvana!
The material, a mix of nylon and elastane (a.k.a. Spandex), is softer than a baby’s cheek, a bunny tail AND your favorite cozy couch blanket, and it’s worked into two silky smooth cups and a velvety band that hug your torso with a gentle touch that’s so comfy I sometimes forget I’m wearing a bra.
It’s definitely NOT one of those itchy, ill-fitting bras that poke you and that you immediately ditch the second you get in your car (wait, am I the only person who’s done this?). I could keep this bra on all day (and possibly all night) if I needed or wanted to.
Oh, how do I love this bra?
Let me count the ways!
- So flexible: The smooth material allows the bra to sit perfectly under both flowing tops and fitted tees, and it somehow miraculously seems to never get too hot against my skin.
- No slip: The straps are slightly thicker than your typical bra straps (but they’re still slim enough to seem dainty), and they prevent the bra from sliding down my shoulders!
- Off the hook: The clasp in the back with the hook and eye is easy to fasten.
- Big ups to the cups: I like that the cups high up enough that there’s no boob spillage over the top of my bra, and no weird gaps. I also like that the padding is light enough to hide les nips, but yet it isn’t so stiff that I feel like I’m walking around town with pot holders strapped to the front of my chest.
- Delightful details: The sweet bow in the front and the little teardrop peek of skin underneath it lend a feminine, dainty touch. Oh, and I also dig the subtle DKNY branding on the side. There’s a small logo at the base of the band, and it’s barely visible.