Welcome to the weekend, my friend!
Time to rest and recharge your batteries (hopefully!). For me, that means painting my paws, because when my paws are painted, the stars are in alignment. Mercury avoids retrograde. Pluto becomes a planet again… I feel so naked these days because we can’t wear nail polish to work at the bakery for food handling reasons. So the first thing I like to do on my days off is paint my nails. 💅
Last night I did a quick mani before bed with one of the new Expressie quick-drying polishes from Essie (grabbed it at Target last night for $9). They have a built-in base, color and top coat and, allegedly, they’re supposed to dry in one minute… Took more like 5 though, which is still pretty good, considering there’s a base and top coat up in the mix. I’m wearing two coats of rosy pink called Second Hand First Love on my fingers.
I like the smoothness and opacity. It looks even from base to tip, sans streaks, and the finish is super shiny and almost gel-like. Two coats was perfect.
No nicks yet as of this morning, but quick-drying polishes are notorious for chipping easily, so I’m not holding onto any illusions that it’ll last more than a few days…but who knows? Hopefully Expressie will prove that wrong.
Either way, it was just what my nails needed for a quick fix.
You know what else I need to do right now? Finish this cup of coffee! 😊
That means it’s time for Saturday Surfing.
- The only Valentine’s Day gift I really want is this Keanu Reeves coloring book. 💖
- Here’s what astronaut Christina Koch did in space while she was breaking the record for the longest single spaceflight by a woman.
- This year, give your significant other “flours” for Valentine’s Day with a bouquet of Olive Garden Breadsticks. 😂
- Love this —-> “Nothing is ever lost by being generous.”
- I wonder how many people stepped on Lego when they built this cherry blossom tree out of 800,0000 blocks.
- Speaking of Lego, anti-Lego slippers now exist to protect your precious feet!
- In a single year, Canada lifted nearly 300,000 kids out of poverty with a program known as a child benefit.
The gal in the black dress and glasses is my hero.
Eyeliner tips for hooded lids: YES, PLEASE
So fun. And I love Lizzo’s blue eye makeup, swoon!
I want to wear this look to Costco (FOR REAL).
Wish we were here
I want all the notebooks…
This is the song stuck in my head at the moment.
The world’s smallest cat
The secret to keeping a new habit? Start small.
Are you doing anything this weekend to refill your well?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,