It looks like nothing can stop the gold fever train that roared through the makeup world earlier this year, and now it’s chugging all the way to the holidays! Remember Chanel’s Gold Fever Collection? Well, Holiday 2008 is here, and — you guessed it! — gold (with touches of red, bronze and beige) still plays a starring role.
Some might say Chanel was too tame in the color department, but I’m liking the browns, beiges and golds. The look features neutral beige and brown eyes paired with either pink-gold or red lips. The face and cheeks glow with touches of gold with shimmery pink highlights. Mmm… I lurve Chanel.
Le Crayon Levres Precision Lip Definer, $28
- Rouge: true red
Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour lipstick, $30
- Nude: pale nude
- Exaltation: coral red (limited edition)
Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshine SPF 15, $26
- Cancun: soft beige
Creme Gloss Lumiere Brush-On Creme Lip Colour, $32
- Praline Rose: pink bronze (limited edition)
- CanelÃ©: warm bronze
Levres Scintillantes Glossimer, $26
- Red Shine: red with shimmer
- Gold Shine: pink-gold with shimmer (limited edition)
Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow, $56
- Beiges de CHANEL: matte cream, shimmery taupe, shimmery gold and shimmery brown (limited edition)
Ombre D’Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadow, $32
- Riviera: pale gold (limited edition)
Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer, $27.50
- Noir Scintillant: soft black with gold shimmer (limited edition)
La Ligne De Chanel Professional Eyeliner Duo, $45
- Brun-LamÃ©: dark brown and soft brown sparkle (limited edition)
Le Vernis Nail Colour, $20
- Perle RosÃ©e: warm beige-pink (limited edition)
- Haute Chocolat: chic chocolate gold (limited edition)
Eclat Lumiere Highlighter Face Pen, $38
- Beige RosÃ©: highlighter with pink undertone
Gold Highlighting Powder, $75
- A golden, loose powder for the face and body (limited edition)
I haven’t fully explored the products in this release, but here are a few pictures, swatches and some first impressions from a handful of items from the collection.
Beiges de CHANEL LES 4 OMBRES Quadra Eye Shadow
Every girl should have a few go-to browns and neutrals in her eye shadow stash, and the Beiges de Chanel quad fits the bill. If you’re new to makeup, consider starting your collection with this.
The shades in the quad run on the cool side. I’m partial to the shimmery, deep dark chocolate shade (has subtle gold flecks), with the shimmery taupe and shimmery gold shades a close tie for second. The matte beige is probably my least fave of the four as it looks a bit too cool for my skin tone (and feels a touch chalkier than the other three shades). Overall, this bad boy should rock as an everyday work palette.
Red Shine and Gold Shine Glossimers
Like Chanel’s fall release, the holiday collection includes a lovely gold limited edition Glossimer, this one called Gold Shine.