I PUT ON EARRINGS TODAY!
*And* a full-face of makeup.
Take that, pandemic blues! 🤗
I was going for clean and effortless with simple matte browns to define the lids and an elegant dark brown winged liner. And, yes, girlfriend, you read that correctly: Dark. Brown. Winged. Liner.
Back in the day (uh, two years ago?), winged liner was hallowed ground reserved solely for either black or jewel tones. I liked — and still like — the intense drama of the contrast of a solid black or a brightly colored line against my lids, but I’ve reached the point where I’ll try anything to get myself out of the makeup funk I’ve been experiencing over the last couple months, which currently involves playing with makeup in ways that aren’t overwhelming. Like, there’s no way homegirl is about to knock out a look with five colors in the crease right now, but I’m certainly down to try a dark chocolaty wing.
And, ya know, I really like it! It’s like the kinder, gentler version of winged liner without the stark black edges. I mean, you still see the crisp lines, but I think there’s something less severe about the brown.
For the liner, I used a mix of MAC Coffee and MAC Brushbrown (liquid liner), and the rest of the makeup is pretty heavy in MAC classics, because when I’m not feeling super great, those go-tos always hit the spot. MAC was my first love ❤️, and I could go on about old-school colors like Saddle eyeshadow and Melba blush for days.
Basically, if you like listening to me ramble about MAC permanent collection classics, let me know. 😍👍 I’ll take any excuse to talk about those O.G. shades.
Speaking of O.G.s, I can’t find my MAC Spice liner, and I’m borderline panicking about it! I wanted to wear it in this look but ended up using Boldly Bare instead.
Makeup worn in this look
- NARS Tinted Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Light (several shades lighter than my skin tone, but I used it to brighten up matte browns)
- MAC Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Saddle eyeshadow
- MAC Coffee pencil liner
- MAC Brushbrown liquid liner
- Urban Decay Browblade in Dark Drapes
- MAC Clear Brow Set
- Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara
- MAC Boldly Bare lip liner
- MAC C-Thru Lipglass
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC42 mixed with Pinklite Strobe cream (applied a thin layer buffed all over the face)
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter in 5 Tan mixed with Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer in Medium EC06 (applied on under eyes, cheeks, nose and around mouth)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden
Seriously, you can’t go wrong building up your makeup collection with some staples from MAC.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. HAPPY TUESDAY! We’ve made it past Monday, which is an accomplishment. It should get easier from here.