I’m warning you now — ONLY wear this makeup when you want to feel like a total bad-@ss capable of capturing, and then breaking, all of the hearts ? in a room within the span of 5 minutes.
This beauty buddy movie pairs two bold focal points together — a messy reddish brown smoky eye and a crisp blackened red matte lip — to create a jammin’ juxtaposition of grungy and glam, and you know I’m all about the contrasts in makeup. 🙂
To keep the overall look approachable and well out of Insta-glam territory, I paired the eyes and lips with moderately matte skin (there’s a semblance of a sheen), casual, messy brows and a warm bronzed mauve cheek.
Are you ready to rock? ???
What you’ll need
- Face Primer with pearly sheen (BECCCA Backlight)
- Medium coverage liquid matte foundation (NARS Natural Longwear Radient Foundation in Stromboli and Valencia)
- Concealer for your under eye area, if you want (MAC Matchmaster Concealer in 4)
- Face Powder (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Golden Tan)
- Warm pinkish mauve powder blush (MAC Extra Dimension in Faux Sure!)
- Peachy tan bronzer (MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun)
- Matte blackened red lipstick (MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick in Carnivorous)
- Reddish brown lip liner (MAC Mahogany)
- Brow gel, either clear or a color that matches your brows (Hourglass Arch Brow Volumizing Gel in Warm Brown)
- Two powder eyeshadows: a warm reddish brown powder eyeshadow (MAC Swiss Chocolate) and a glittery bronzy peach (MAC Honey Lust)
- A warm reddish brown eyeliner, ideally something creamy which you can buff out and blend (MAC Costa Riche)
- Mascara (Benefit BAD Gal Bang!)
- Smudge brush (MAC 219S)
- Fluffy angled eyeshadow brush (MAC 275S)
- Blush brush (MAC 127S)
- Flat eyeshadow brush (or, you can just use a finger)
- Something to blend your foundation (BeautyBlender)