Because I got up a little late yesterday and didn’t have much time to get reader for my de Young museum date with Cindy, I went with an outfit that 1) I could comfortably walk around in for a few hours and 2) I wouldn’t have to iron.
This light pink dress by Soprano, another brand from the Juniors section at Nordstrom, got the job. The material, a rayon-linen blend, resists wrinkles, and because it’s soft and stretchy, I can move around in it without feeling constricted.
I knew Cindy and I would be covering a lot of ground, so I traded my usual high heels for a pair of comfy sandals. These t-strap wedges by Jambu have a manageable 2.5-inch heel, and I think the bronzy color plays well with the oversized brown belt by H&M.
You never know what the weather will be like in SF, not even in the summer (it turned out to be overcast and cool), so I topped the dress off with this cropped olive green jacket by Therapy. A blue scarf from H&M (a gift from my brother and his girlfriend last year) with pink, green and yellow flowers ties the outfit together and provides a little extra warmth and texture.
A little bling never hurts, so I added a necklace from Kate Spade and a sparkly bee ring from Cara Accessories. If you prefer simpler pieces, I think a big pair of gold hoops would also work really well with this outfit.
A breakdown of the outfit…
- Dress —Soprano (check availability at Nordstrom stores)
- Shoes — Jambu Camden Wedge (now available online)
- Jacket — Therapy by Lane Crawford (no longer available)
- Belt — H&M (no longer available)
- Scarf — H&M (no longer available)
- Necklace — Kate Spade Shimmer Short Necklace (available now online; also check Kate Spade and Nordstrom stores for availability)
- Ring — Cara Accessories Critters Bee Crystal Stretch Ring (available now at Nordstrom stores and also online)
When you go sightseeing or spend a day at a museum, what kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Gotta give special props to my BFF, Cindy, who not only did a great job as my photo assistant yesterday (thanks, Cindy!), but I think she also looks great in Evolution Revolution Lipglass. 🙂