Here at my in-law’s, *everybody* falls asleep by 9. I’m a night owl by nature, so I’ve been staying up after they’ve all gone to bed, watching MTV shows on my laptop in the dark.
Last night I watched an episode of True Life that featured young people dealing with severe acne. It chronicled their journeys through various acne treatments and the emotional trauma caused by bad acne.
The show got me thinking about how appearance can affect self-esteem.
I remember going through a terrible bout with acne on my cheeks and forehead at age 19. It undermined my confidence and left me so emotionally sensitive that I’d cry whenever my mom or a close friend would even bring it up.
My skin eventually improved (it was Accutane that finally worked), but I’ll never forget the way I felt over that trying time in my life.
Because knowledge is power, I’m always looking for new skin care tips. Here are 21 more tips to go with the ones I posted last week.
I hope you find them as handy as I did.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also like…
- Flawless Looking Skin: In this awesome video, YouTube member kandee describes how she cares for her skin, her favorite tips and product recommendations.
- Aubrey’s Skin Care Routine: YouTube member Aubrey lists the products she uses to get her gorgeous, glowing skin.
- What is Laser Skin Resurfacing? Wonder what a laser peel is? This article answers some of the most important questions.
- How to Exfoliate the Nose: It’s a tough area to work around, but the tips in this video can help.
- Substitute with Soy Milk: Having trouble with acne flareups? A simple switch from dairy to soy milk may help, and here’s why.
- What to Eat for Glowing Skin: To steal a quote from 30 Rock, one of my favorite TV shows, “Tracy, science is what we make it.” LOL! Not quite, but this post does have some scientific answers to why certain foods can help to heal and brighten a dull or damaged complexion.
- Natural Skin Care: Here’s a list of nutrients commonly used to treat skin care problems.
- How to Have Great Looking Skin: Here’s another basic overview of skin care and what you can do to get healthy, happy skin.
- Celeb Skin Secrets: Find out what your fave stars are really doing to pamper their faces, though some of these secrets may not be so secret…
- More Celebrity Skin Secrets: We know they’re up to something — those celebrities who look decades younger than they should. It can’t all be camera tricks and surgery.
- Great Skin from the Inside: Garbage in, garbage out — that’s what they say about computer data entry, but it applies to skin care as well.
- Get Great Skin from the Outside: This is the sister post to the above one on getting great skin from the inside. It’s a great article on anti-aging, sun protection and more.
- How to Use Essential Oils for Oily Skin Care: Contrary to what I once thought, essential oils won’t necessarily worsen oily skin. Used correctly, they can actually clear oily skin.
- Celebrity Acne Treatments: They get breakouts too. Take those uber-closeups of Jessica Simpson’s pimples in her Proactiv commercials, for instance.
- Conceal Under Eye Circles: I can never have too many tips to conceal dark under eye circles.
- 7 Secrets of Celebrity Skin: Get leading lady skin with the help of these tips.
- Hollywood’s REAL Secrets to Looking Younger: This article doesn’t mince words. It credits chemical peels, lasers, Botox and injectable fillers for some of Hollywoods hottest skin.
- MORE Celebrity Skin Care Secrets: AKA Red Carpet Confidential. Ever more celebrity tips and tricks.
- How to Maintain Healthy Skin: More basic, basic skin care tips, but I like the paragraph on vitamins A and E.
- Drugstore Skin Care Routine: I really loved this video from YouTube member AllThatGlitters21, with its list of drugstore products (she shops at Target a lot) and how to use them.
- Acne Solution: Kick acne to the curb once and for all with some help from Pursebuzz.com
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. If you’re new here, thank you for visiting. Makeup and Beauty Blog is a makeup blog with daily product reviews, beauty tips, giveaways and the random shenanigans of a crazy cat lady/makeup enthusiast named Karen (that’s me!).