You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Are there parts of your beauty routine that you won’t let anybody see?
Well, yeah. El Hub doesn’t need to see me attending to my upper lip hair, aka “the stash,” and I’m very self-conscious about my grey hair roots at the end of my coloring cycle.
Sometimes I’ll get these little white baby hairs at the front of my head that I’ll just pluck out behind closed doors.
- Wearing workout clothes when you’re not working out — a do or a don’t?
Honestly, I am so conflicted about this one because there are days when I just want the stretchy Spandex to hold everything in, but I also feel that if you’re gonna wear workout clothes outside the house to someplace other than a class or the gym…your butt and your lady parts should also be covered by something else, like a hoody or a long sweatshirt.
- What makeup did you wear to your prom (if you can’t remember exactly, do you remember the general idea)?
I don’t remember exactly, because this was roughly… I don’t even need to say how long ago it was, LOL! Let’s just say “the ’90s,” but I’m pretty sure that I wore a dark warm brown lip — the same one that’s very popular again right now — and I probably did thick black cat eyeliner.
I didn’t go someplace to get my makeup done, either. I don’t know why, but it didn’t occur to me, so I just did it at home by myself in my parents’ bathroom, which had the worst lighting imaginable.
But, of course, when I left for the evening, I thought I was hot sh*t (although I probably looked like a hot mess).
- When was the last time you returned makeup? What was it, and why did you take it back?
It was after the last Sephora VIB sale. I bought a tube of Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, because that’s just something I usually do on the VIB sales (I go through brow gels quickly), but then when I got home and opened the drawer where I keep my brow products, I realized, “Oh, snap! There are like six clear brow gels here…” So I returned the new one.
- Do you own any neutral/nude/naked palettes, and what’s your favorite one?
My favorite one is the MAC Brooke Shields Gravitas palette, because of its combination of warm and cool neutrals, and because I just think the colors are incredibly flattering. It has a lot of my favorite MAC eyeshadows like Soft Brown, Satin Taupe, Carbon and Shroom, but there are also some purples and khakis that make it more flexible than the average beige-brown neutrals palette.
This time around, I also think that the quality of the shadows in the palette rose to the level of MAC’s single pan shadows, which hasn’t always been the case with MAC palettes.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ’em!
1. Are there parts of your beauty routine that you won’t let anybody see?
2. Wearing workout clothes when you’re not working out — a do or a don’t?
3. What makeup did you wear to your prom (if you can’t remember exactly, do you remember the general idea)?
4. When was the last time you returned makeup? What was it and why did you take it back?
5. Do you own any neutral/nude/naked palettes, and what’s your favorite one?
Happy Monday, my friend. Are there any barbecues or swimming pools in your Memorial Day future? I hope so. Neither one for me, though, because it’s actually kind of chilly here… The Bay Area is doing its weird weather thing, where the days start out cloudy but then warm up a little in the afternoon, so that’s when I’ll hopefully be catching some rays and doing some window shopping at the Corte Madera mall.
Have a good holiday. I’ll talk to you soon.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,