You might be wondering, “So what in tarnation is this Monday Poll thing anyway!?”
Well, it isn’t exactly a poll. It’s more of a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past seven years. (It’s like a kickstart for your brain.) I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
- Do you prefer spicy, salty or sweet?
When Tabs isn’t running my life like a little dictator, my sweet tooth is.
I have noticed, though, that over the past few years some of the sweet things I used to ravenously crave, like Reese’s Pieces and Ghirardelli milk chocolate, don’t light my fire the way they used to. Now they taste almost too sweet for me.
I think I’m gradually turning into one of those peeps (mmm…peeps) who likes a little salt with her sweets.
- Who’s been doing your brows these days?
To quote De La Soul, “It’s just me myself and I.”
- What was the last topic you and your BFF talked or texted about?
Surprisingly, for once, it had nothing at all to do with capri pants, haha.
We talked about books. She just finished rereading The Great Gatsby (she’s on a classics kick), and I’m in the middle of Daughter of Smoke and Bone and loving every minute of it.
- This week I give myself permission to _____.
This week I give myself permission to take it easy because, note to self, not everything has to be difficult, Karen!
- Have you ever fostered an animal?
No, not yet. I’d love to. I can definitely see myself fostering kitties someday, but my current employment contract stipulates that I not take on any additional jobs assisting other felines while I’m employed by Tabs… He’s spoiled and ferociously territorial. I’d be worried about bringing any other cats into this office environment.
Your turn. Just copy and paste the following questions into a comment with your answers. I look forward to reading ‘em!
1. Do you prefer spicy, salty or sweet?
2. Who’s been doing your brows these days?
3. What was the last topic you and your BFF talked or texted about?
4. This week,I give myself permission to _____
5. Have you ever fostered an animal?
So, I’ve been on a Karl Lagerfeld quote kick lately (blame it on the sweatpants!), and the more of them I read, the more I’m convinced that hanging out with him would be simultaneously terrifying and fun.
Homeboy says some crazy sh*t! Some of it is just so ridiculous that I can’t help but laugh.
“When I was four I asked my mother for a valet for my birthday.”
But he also says some things that resonate with me…
“I’m never content with what I do. I live in a sort of permanent dissatisfaction. I think that’s the secret to doing things well.”
I don’t know about it being the secret to doing things well, but I can relate to the part about never being content with what I do.
Freakin’ Karl… I’d love to have coffee with him someday. I think a conversation with him would be wonderfully weird and inspiring.
And speaking of inspiration (and lame transitions, yes), here are some things I’ve been liking lately…
- Celebrity makeup artist Monika Blunder’s YouTube vids. I watched a bunch of them on the treadmill last Friday during my long run for the week. She’s worked with Megan Fox, Rosie Huntington-Whitley and Jessica Alba, among others. Her vids are really easy to follow, and I love her accent (although I’m not sure what it is).
- Butter London makeup artist and manicurist Katie Jane Hughes on Instagram. I dig her FOTDs. Her style is accessible with a bit of an edge.
- These cat eye glasses by Vogue Eyewear. I need new specs and am totally lusting over these frames. What do you think — black or brown?
I hope you have a wonderful Monday, babe, and a great week.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,