The Christmas lights are blinking, the neighborhood cats are slinking, and the Dark Choclate Stars are twinkling in their dish. The decorations have been hung by the makeup counter with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.
And he will…but he has to stop by the Petco first to pose for pics with a long line of eager pets and their parents (more on that in a minute).
Itâ€™s that time of year! — although youâ€™d never know it by looking at BECCA. The beachy Australian makeup brand always seems to have one foot in the sand.
Designed for normal, combination and oily skin types, BECCAâ€™s new Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation ($42 and available in 18 shades) showcases the brandâ€™s trademark endless summer vibe with an almost weightless formula and a dressed-down eggshell finish that practically tiptoes on the skin.
With coverage about halfway between a tinted moisturizer and a full-coverage foundation, itâ€™s made for guys and gals who like flexibility. Going to the beach (maybe you live in the Southern Hemisphere)? Wear it sheer by rubbing in a few dots. Or for heavier coverage, work in a pea-sized dollop all over your face, and then pat and blend a little extra wherever you need it.
What makes Radiant so rad?
- It handles combo skin like a champ! Itâ€™s easily one of the best foundations Iâ€™ve ever used on my combination skin. Not only does it take care of any slick, oily spots on my face, but it does so without drawing attention to any flakes and dry areas.
- It goes the distance. Lasts the day and looks just as fresh at 8 p.m. as it does at 8 in the morning.
- Looks like itâ€™s been applied with an airbrush. You hear that â€œairbrushed finishâ€ thing a lot, but I gotta say — I really do think my pores look smaller, and my fine lines look smoother, when I wear this stuff. Itâ€™s as close to a flawless finish I ever get, and yet I think skin still looks real with it on, not like itâ€™s been plastered with product.
- The extras. Did I mention that itâ€™s moisturizing and water resistant? It contains Ejitsu Rose and vitamin E to help skin retain moisture, to improve elasticity and to protect against damage from free radicals. Yup, and itâ€™s alcohol-, paraben- and fragrance-free.
I love what BECCA has done here. With Radiant, they created a comfy, long-lasting, medium-coverage liquid foundation with a finish I can only describe as airbrushed.
It might be a little on the casual side for some of the super formal, full-coverage holiday makeup looks we tend to see this time of year, but that depends. If you prefer more natural makeup looks, donâ€™t overlook BECCA Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation.
Pet pics with Santa
So, I had to go to Petco last weekend to pick up some food for Tabs, and the place was busier than the mall! There was a long line of cats and dogs waiting to have their pictures taken with Santa, awww!
If youâ€™re wondering…yes, I considered it. I considered rushing back home, stuffing Tabs in his carrier and bringing him back to get his picture taken with Santa, but then I remembered something very important and quickly came to my senses.
I remembered that Tabs hates…
- Unflattering overhead florescent store lighting
- Going for rides in the car
- Unfamiliar places
- Other animals
Had I gone through with it anyway, I would have forever been known by the employees of Petco as the woman with the cat who clawed Santa to pieces.
Maybe Iâ€™ll just get Tabs one of these Thundershirts instead…
They’re supposed to calm anxious kitties by creating a swaddling effect on their torso…
Not exactly sure what that means, a â€œswaddling effect,â€ but I think they look pretty cute.
I would have gotten one from Petco the other day, but they didnâ€™t have ‘em in XXL.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,