I swear on my husky tabby’s orange tum that my cat lady heart broke a little when I finally took my brushes to Paul & Joe’s new Face & Eye Color palette in Kittycat ($36).
Kittycat is one of three new Face & Eye Color palettes in the new limited edition Paul & Joe Collection Sparkles release for spring 2012.
And I suppose this may be a little too much information…but while I did my eyes this morning with Laverne’s — yes, I’ve taken to calling her Laverne — shimmery reddish purple and matte pinkish beige shades, I pretended to pet her chest, back and tail with my brush, speaking to her in the same high-pitched voice normally reserved for Tabs.
“Look at you, Laverne!” I said with my inside voice out loud. “Look at your pretty purple tail! I’m petting your sides now and your little paw…” 🙂
A few quick observations about Laverne, also known as the Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color palette in Kittycat
- The three shades vary in intensity, with the shimmery reddish purple packing the most pigment, the peachy pink shade (which has just the slightest sheen) depositing a little bit less, and the matte pinkish beige delivering the least.
- The purple’s prominent flecks of silver glitter exhibit some fallout, especially when I’m working quickly and rushing through a look. I don’t think it’s bad, though.
- I still really like the matte pinkish beige, despite it applying rather sheer. Smooth and buttery, it blends seamlessly into the other shades and still looks very elegant on its own. For a simple, fresh look, I’ve been applying it all over my lids, curling my lashes and then adding lots of mascara.
- If you plan to wear the peachy pink shade as a cheek color, try it with a small, pointed blush brush for greater control. A larger blush brush might pick up the darker purple of Laverne’s “fur.”
- The words “Paul & Joe” in the upper right corner are an overspray. Now, after taking my brush to it, my pan just says “Pau.” LOL! Yes, I’m too easily amused.
- All three shadows blend without fuss or muss.
- The powder has a light floral fragrance, which to my nose smells a little like carnations.
All in all, I like Laverne, even though I do observe a tiny bit of fallout from her powders.
I think this palette’s one of the easier purple, pink and beige combos I’ve played with in a while, and the colors are easy to layer and blend. Of course, the cat design on the pan is just way too cute for words. For that alone, it’s a win. 🙂
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Paul & Joe counters and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+/A-
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more on Paul & Joe’s Kitten Collection and Collection Sparkles check out…
- Be Catwalk Ready Right Meow With Paul & Joe Spring 2012
- This Kittycat Sparkles in Purple, Pink and Beige: The Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color Palette in Kittycat
- Now Thereâ€™s a Smooth Cat: The Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color Palette in Siamese Please
- The Paul & Joe Face & Eye Color Palette in Purr-Fect Is Perfect for Soft Green Smokey Eyes
- It Was Love at First Blush for These Kittens: The New Kitten Collection Blusher Sticks From Paul & Joe
- Iâ€™m Still Fawning Over the Paul & Joe Kitten Collection, Today With a Twist on an OmbrÃ¨ Manicure
- They Left Their Paw Prints on My Heart, But Iâ€™m Still Gonna Knead a Little More From Paul & Joeâ€™s New Lipstick Cs
- Paul & Joe Waterproof Gel Eye Liner: Water Doesnâ€™t Bother This Kitty Cat