Sonia Kashuk Twist of Fate Brush Set, $20
Earlier this decade, Sonia Kashuk reinvented the budget brush market, making drugstore makeup brushes cool. For the holidays this year, she’s taking that budget luxe philosophy another big step forward by introducing a line with twisted faux-sliver handles that won’t break the bank.
But looks aren’t everything, and to find out if Sonia’s new brushes bring the noise, I put ’em to the test.
The six-piece limited edition Twist of Fate Brush Set ($20, on sale now at Target), Sonia’s premium collection of brushes for the holidays, joins five limited edition holiday makeup palettes and accessories (also on sale at Target).
Sonia Kashuk Twist of Fate
With a black clutch purse to carry them in (one that looks like it could cost more than $20 by itself), these six short-handled brushes will be traveling in style.
- A powder/blush brush
- A foundation brush
- A crease brush
- An eyeshadow brush
- An eyeliner brush
- A brow/lash comb
- Look expensive
- Brush heads feel soft against my skin and apply/blend product well
- Clutch purse fits everything with room to spare
- Brushes feel lightweight — perfect for girls on the go!
- Fantastic deal; breaks down to $2.86/per item (including the clutch)
- The faux-silver handles show every fingerprint
- Included plastic lash comb not great compared to metal ones I’ve used before
- Clutch’s fabric inner liner hard to clean
All this and a cute clutch for $20? — I’d say that’s a great deal. It may be budget, but it doesn’t look like it. Another good job, Sonia! Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A
Since watching The Proposal the other night, I’ve spent waaaay too much time looking at pictures of Ryan Reynolds.
It must be tough for him being so hot, but I guess somebody’s gotta do it.
Apart from massive doses of Ry-Reynolds, it’s been business as usual for me. How was your Tuesday?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,