Dear Curmudgeons and Grinches-in-Training,
Avert your eyes! Step away from the monitor or makeup counter, and don’t even think about looking at MAC’s new $39.50 Primped Out Lip Look Bag in Lavish Coral, a new limited edition holiday gift set in the MAC Fabulousness collection.
Like Santa’s bag of gifts, this pink leopard print purse (cute overload!) is filled with goodies, namely three coral lip products.
If you didn’t heed my advice and looked at the bag, you might be wondering, “Would this kit be a good holiday gift?”
Well, unless you want your 14-year-old niece throwing her arms around your neck and calling you “the coolest aunt evah!” — DON’T DO IT!
Unless you want your favorite coworker, the one who dutifully listens to your endless cat stories without ever rolling her eyes, to send you a text that reads, “WERK BFFs 4 LIFE!” — DON’T DO IT!
Unless you’re completely comfortable being adored and repeatedly hearing, “OHMIGOSH! This bag is so cute, and I can totally wear all of these colors!” — DON’T DO IT!
Why? Because I think this kit is entirely capable of thrilling everyone on your holiday list. The three neutral coral colors it contains should suit most skin tones, and the black and pink leopard print bag is full-on adorable.
5 Reasons to Love the New MAC Lip Look Bag in Lavish Coral
- The primped-out purse is so cute! It’s also easy to open and close, and large enough to hold everything that comes with the kit, as well as a full-size powder compact.
- The Lip Liner Pencil in Boldly Bare looks great with coral, peach or brown lipsticks. This neutral reddish brown pencil is even deluxe sized, and I think it also looks great with a nice gloss slicked on top.
- The Cremesheen Glass in Kiss Me Softly is slightly larger than the Cremesheen Glasses in MAC’s permanent line. But just barely. It comes in a 0.09-ounce tube, versus the 0.08-ounce ones from MAC’s permanent line. This soft peachy golden pearl is also lovingly sheer and moisturizing, and the non-sticky, lightweight formula has a faint vanilla flavor and scent.
- Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl is a perfect everyday color. This sheer, beige-like coral has a creamy finish and the same vanilla vibe as the gloss. This one here is also full size.
- The price! I think $39.50 is actually a pretty sweet deal, considering that one full-size MAC Lipstick, a Cremesheen Glass and a Lip Liner Pencil would by themselves cost $59 (and that doesn’t include the print bag).
If you do decide to give this kit to any lovely ladies in your life, please be advised: your reputation as a grumpy goat will be called into question. This snazzy set has plenty of potential.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at MAC counters, stores and maccosmetics.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+
Update: Project Food Experiment
Remember how I prepped all those meals last Sunday so I wouldn’t have to cook this week? Well, it’s working out!
After Day 1, I thought I might get tired of eating similar meals each night this week, but I just tweak ‘em a little bit to keep things interesting — like by having avocado slices with my shrimp pitas one day and red pepper sauce the next.
I love not having to worry about cooking or making something healthy to eat at the end of a long day.
The thing is, it took me a few hours to prep so many meals last Sunday afternoon. I hope I can keep this up… On Sundays, two of my favorite things are napping and painting my nails.
Speaking of food, though, what’s for lunch?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,