If ignored for too long, my legs would look like Chewbacca’s (love ya, Chewy!) — soft, silky and covered with hair — so to keep my gams smooth and hairless I either wax them or shave with razors like the Gillette Venus Embrace, God’s gift to hairy women everywhere!
What makes the Gillette Venus Embrace special? Two words: five blades! It’s a leg hair annihilator extraordinaire.
In this age of excess, you’d think someone in marketing would have said, “Is five blades going too far?” Thankfully, Venus went ahead with their quintuple-bladed monster because there’s a noticeable difference between the performance of the Venus Embrace and its triple-bladed predecessor, the Venus Breeze. Embrace gives a closer shave than any blade razor I’ve ever used before, which means having to shave less often. I credit this razor for giving me more time for things like making crazy cartoons with unicorns.
To test the Venus Embrace I went a month without shaving my legs. I wanted to take a picture but got grossed out by it (my hairy leg does not need to be on the Internets). By the end of the month my legs were all jungly and native, with almost braid-able hairs along my shins and calves.
Venus Embrace made quick work of it, hacking through the overgrowth in just a few swipes. I was back to having smooth legs in less than three minutes.
The product marketing…
- Five blades are positioned closely together and spring-mounted to create a shaving surface that adjusts to natural contours and curves, allowing the blade cartridge to sit flatter on the skin.
- A Protective Ribbon of Moisture fully surrounds the shaving surface for a smooth glide.
- Venus Embrace has an innovative soft grip handle that feels great in the hand and improves control, even when wet.
- The gel handle features an attractive sea foam green and turquoise design.
- For the best in-shower experience, the Venus Embrace shaving system includes a new ShowerPod with suction cup attachments for convenient razor and blade storage.
I’ve used the Embrace a couple more times since then, and my only reservation is that it shaves almost too close, like razor-bump close. With it I didn’t get any cuts or noticeable razor burn, but I did get a few razor bumps whenever I used it on an uneven surface like under my arms. Still, that closeness is nice because it’s been three days since my last shave, and I remain smooth and stubble-free.
Product: Gillette Venus Embrace Razor
Price: $12.49 (1 razor, 2 cartridges & shower pod)
Use: Shaving (legs, armpits and bikini line)
Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+
With the razor I’ve been using Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel for Women in (LOL!) Alluring Avocado. So long, Chewbacca legs!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
For more fun reviews like this one, sign up to receive my updates by email. 🙂