A couple of unimportant fun facts for your Friday night…
1. Laura Mercier’s new Colour-to-Go Portable Palette for Eyes, Cheeks & Lips in Warm Neutrals ($48) is roughly the size of three Fun Size Snickers candybars lying side by side.
2. Having eaten the last of the leftover Fun Size Snickers from Halloween, I am now unable to post a picture of the palette with the candies for scale.
LOL! I had that bowl on my lap last night while watching Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and sipping a glass of Riesling…
I thought the movie was a’ight (neat concept and effects), but those little Snickers bars were great! In fact, I think I had about four of them.
They’re maybe just a morsel more tempting than this two-tiered, limited edition holiday palette from Laura…
If you like warm eye, lip and cheek colors, and you prefer ’em on the softer side, you might really like Laura Mercier’s Colour-to-Go Portable Palette for Eyes, Cheeks & Lips in Warm Neutrals.
Some quick notes on the Laura Mercier Colour-to-Go Portable Palette for Eyes, Cheeks & Lips in Warm Neutrals
- The eyeshadows in Ballerina Pink, Rosy Taupe and Cocoa Brown. All three shimmer to varying degrees, which I like, but I do detect a smidgen of fallout from these (not so much that I’d call it a deal breaker).
- The Tightline Cake Liner in Ground Espresso. Like MAC Concrete Eyeshadow only a little darker.
- The Bronzing Pressed Powder in Soft Bronze. I thought this shimmery golden, pinkish bronze was going to look very disco on my skin, but the shimmer’s actually quite subtle.
- The Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink. This soft pinkish coral blush has a lovely satin finish and glides on my skin like a feather in the breeze.
- The Lip Glace in Babydoll. Maybe I got a funky tube, but this sheer, shimmery pink gloss smells and tastes like brown sugar…and plastic.
Isn’t the palette a little like something Bobbi might do? I like the colors and the size of the packaging, but I don’t know — where’s the flair? I wish it had a little something extra, maybe a hot pink blush or gloss.
Still, it could be a nice addition to your collection if you like quieter, polished makeup looks and palettes that travel well.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Laura Mercier counters and lauramercier.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
And there’s the horn heralding the start of the weekend. You made it!
No big plans for me other than finally, hopefully, ordering a dining room table (I know, I know). Oh, and prepping my meals for the week on Sunday.
I’m really just looking forward to doing nothing for a couple days, sleeping in, hanging out with El Hub, since he doesn’t go to work on the weekends, dealing with any edicts from Tabs (Woman. Gravy. Now.), watching TV, maybe going to a movie, and getting in a couple of workouts.
That’s it for me. What are you up to this weekend?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,