No. 4,572 on the list of things I do badly: hip-hop glide moves.
It’s gotta be the shoes!
Yeah… The only gliding I’ve done lately has been along my lash lines with Tarte emphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner ($18).
Released earlier this summer, the eight liners (Tarte refers to them as gel pots in pencil form) turn lash lines into tug-free zones.
I’ve been wearing the bronze, plum and black ones lately, and they’ve been helping me out on some harried mornings. Not needing to be sharpened, the twist-up sticks are built for efficiency; just two quick swipes along my lash line delivers rich, pigmented color.
Rushing with these doesn’t end in disaster, either, as the colors latch on to my lids with the strength of Greek gods, and they don’t migrate into my crease or smudge into places I’d rather they didn’t, even on bare skin.
Tarte also attributes a whole bunch of skin-loving benefits to the line…
- Hydration: Tarte claims their proprietary formula suspends mineral pigments in a concentration of 50% water to help keep the skin moisturized as its absorbed.
- Free-radical fighters: Tarte also added Vitamin E, cucumber and aloe to soothe skin and fight damage from free radicals.
- Skin-soothers: The company also says the colors and dyes, derived from natural mineral pigments, help to soften the skin.
And, beyond being Tabs approved (aka cruelty free), they don’t contain parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, dyes, petrochemicals or phthalates.
Really, I think these Aqua-Gel Eyeliners would be darn near perfect if not for one thing…
From left: Black, Bronze, Plum
Swatches from left on NC35 skin: Black, Bronze, Plum
All the Tarte emphasEYES Aqua-Gel swatches from left: Black, Bronze, Plum, Teal, Brown, Navy, Green, Charcoal
The waterline. I mean fuggedaboutit. On my lash line, they’re great, but along my waterline, they bring me to tears! And several reviews on sephora.com have mentioned the same issue, too.
Long-lasting, convenient and highly pigmented, the Aqua-Gel Eyeliners just might rock your socks off…IF you’re content keeping them away from your waterline. Available at Sephora stores and sephora.com. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
You might like Tarte emphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner if…
- You’re a gal on the go!
- You’ve been looking for a long-wearing liner that won’t smudge or migrate throughout the day
- You like twist-up pencils
- You’re not averse to the price ($18)
- You despise liners that tug, tug, tug all the way home
- You don’t intend to use ’em along your waterline
“It’s a Sicilian message”
So what did ya do last night? Anything fun? I spent the evening re-watching The Godfather for the umpteenth time… I know, but it’s one of my favorite movies. I even recited the dialog while it was on (“I am Enzo, the baker!”), which annoyed the heck out of El Hub and Tabs, LOL! Yeah, I derived a great deal of pleasure from that.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,