Back when I worked as a legal assistant in the city — what I like to call my cubicle days — I would take quick mental health breaks throughout the day, like whenever I overheard one of my attorneys say, “That shouldn’t take long. Karen will handle it.”
I’d hunker down behind my monitor and start applying lip gloss like a MAD WOMAN!
I think it kept me sane… Mostly, I liked my job, but it wasn’t always emotionally easy. Lip gloss helped me get through the day. 🙂
What kinds of lip gloss? It varied, of course, but I didn’t wear many high shine varieties (many were too sexy for the office). I was partial to work-friendly shades like the ones in Fusion Beauty’s Lip Fusion Collection ($40).
Blush, a sheer and creamy baby pink
It’s a limited edition holiday set with six little Lip Fusion Color Shine Glosses in a mix of basic nude, pink and bronze.
Bare, a shimmery and sheer nude
The colors look pretty work appropriate — noticeable yet subdued — and deliver medium shine.
Goddess, a shimmery golden bronze
Boca Babe, a shimmery tangerine
Crave, a shimmery golden pink
Clear (like the name implies), a shimmerless clear
- Color: With the exception of Clear, each one is richly pigmented, and together they provide a good mix of basic, work-friendly shades.
- Shine: Medium vibrancy that leans more toward professional than sexy
- Texture: Medium-weight and smooth (non-sticky); feels comfy on my lips
- Taste and scent: Taste-free, with a light orange scent that fades fast
- Moisture: Non-drying formula
- Plumping: They’re supposed to plump, but I didn’t notice anything beyond lips that were exceptionally smooth.
- The size of the tubes: I wish they were bigger. At .05-oz apiece they’re quite small.
- Tingle: Lip plumping glosses can sometimes sting (some plump by causing minor inflammation). Fusion Beauty says these glosses aren’t supposed to sting, but I did feel a tingle. At least it disappeared quickly (thank goodness!).
- Packaging: I don’t know if it was something I was doing wrong (how hard is it to close a tube of gloss, LOL?), but a couple of them oozed a little
I like the variety and richness of these colors, and their smooth texture and medium shine make them great for office jobs, but $40 seems a little expensive for what you get. Still, if you’re looking to get a bunch of work-appropriate glosses in one fell swoop, it might be worth a try. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
Um, where did 2009 go?
Can you believe it’s December? Sometimes I feel like we were just talking about the Y2K bug, and now it’s almost 2010!
How are you doing today? I’m just chugging along, looking forward to finishing my work so I can head out to get a Christmas wreath.
Hope you’re having a good one! 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,