Just got back from a walk with Sonia! 🙂
You know, Sonia Kashuk?
No, not in person, silly! But she was with me in spirit, as I was wearing some products from her new spring line.
They’re available right now at Target stores and target.com.
Her spring collection is HUGE this year — 37 pieces total.
Here are the ones I wore today, along with some fall face products (permanent collection) that seemed perfect for the warm weather we’re having.
Eye Shadow Quad in Up in Smoke ($13.69, spring)
One of three new quads added to the family this spring. The other two are called Prima Ballerina (with rose and lavender shades) and Island Dreams (blues and greens).
Up In Smoke’s beige, taupe, gray and charcoal struck me as fall colors at first, but this is makeup, and there are no rules. 🙂 Perfect for when you want to wear a smokey eye while everybody else is rocking pastels.
With super shimmery, buttery soft shadows that seem more expensive than they really are, it reminds me of a disco dancing version of Tom Ford’s She Wolf trio.
Pearlescence Longwear Creme Shadows in Diamond and Quartz ($8.99 each, spring)
My favorite thing from Sonia’s spring collection so far! These are completely new additions to the line.
Despite being shimmery metallics, they stay away from my fine lines (which I really appreciate). Sonia claims these smooth pigments actually help eyes look brighter and more youthful, and ya know? Maybe. I definitely do feel like my eyes look younger and more alert when I wear ’em.
They’re easy to apply with fingers or a brush and don’t crease or move once they’re on my lids.
Joining the shades shown here, pale champagne Diamond and rosy Quartz, are a bronzy brown called Tiger’s Eye and an icy taupe called Moonstone.
Satin Luxe Lip Colour SPF 16 in Pink Buff and Very Berry ($9.99, spring)
Sonia also added a few new shades to her lightweight and comfortable line of moisturizing Luxe Lip Colours this spring — a nude pinkish beige called Pink Buff and a reddish raspberry called Very Berry, as well as a bright pink called Parisian Pink (not shown).
These are fab for dry lips!
Dramatically Defining Longwear Gel Liner in Cocoa ($8.99, spring)
I wish I’d given Sonia’s previous gel liners a try, because she reformulated the line for spring, and now I can’t tell how this brown shade, Cocoa, differs (or obsidian Ebony, the other new shade, not shown). All I can say is that I like this one. It doesn’t skip when I apply it or leave patchy areas.
Undetectable Foundation Stick in Caramel ($10.99, fall)
Another warm-weather winner from fall 2013, Caramel, like the other Undetectables, is very sheer (almost like a BB cream in a stick form). When I wear it, I can see freckles peek through.
If you like the barer-than-bare coverage face products, keep it in mind. It’s available in eight shades — Alabaster, Almond, Fawn, Flax, Latte, Tawny, Carmel and Chestnut.
Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Tan ($13.69, fall)
Also sheer and from last fall (but still available in the permanent line), Sonia’s Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is ideal for warm weather when you don’t want to wear a lot, especially if your skin is in pretty good shape. It’s available in Fair, Linen, Beige, Honey and Tan.
Liquid Light Concealer in Aura ($8.99, fall)
Like MAC’s Select Moisturecover Concealer, Sonia’s Liquid Light Concealer, which almost has a sheen to it, is feather-weight, and it looks that way on the skin.
We’re talking very sheer coverage here.
The entire Sonia Kashuk Spring 2014 Collection includes…
- Chic Luminosity Glow Powder — An illuminating face powder available in one shade, $12.99
- Undetectable Loose Powder — A light-diffusing and oil-absorbing loose powder available in one universal shade, $9.99
- Undetectable Pressed Powder — A translucent face powder available in one universal shade, $9.99
- Dewy Luxe Lip & Cheek Balm — A multi-tasking sheer balm for lips and cheeks available in bright pink Enchanted, and coral Charmed, $9.99 each
- Liquid Line Precision Marker — A liquid liner available in Black and Black/Brown, $8.99 each
- Pearlescence Longwear Cream Shadow — A longwearing cream eyeshadow available pale champagne Diamond, icy taupe Moonstone, rustic rose Quartz and bronzy brown Tiger’s Eye, $8.99 each
- Brush Couture Five-Piece Brush Set — Includes a powder/blusher brush, foundation brush, large shader brush, crease brush and a pointed eye liner brush, $16.99
- Brush Couture Four-Piece Brush Set — Includes a dense blusher brush, angled duo fiber crease brush, eyeshadow brush and a smudge brush, $12.99
- Brush Couture Kabuki Brush — A natural bristle brush for applying bronzer, powder and/or blush, $12.99
- Dramatically Defining Longwear Gel Eye Liner — An updated formula of Sonia’s existing gel line, available in brown Cocoa and black Ebony, $8.99 each
- Eye Shadow Quads — Powder eyeshadow quads in available in Prima Ballerina, Island Dream and Up in Smoke, $13.69 each
- Satin Luxe Lip Colour SPF 16 — Available in neutral pink Pink Buff, fresh berry Very Berry and bright pink Parisian Pink, $9.99 each
- Velvety Matte Lip Crayon — Available in red orange Poppy Nude, bright coral Coraly Nude and hot pink Candy Nude, $7.59 each
- Nail Colour — Available in opaque white White Lie, creamy tan Skin Deep, pinky nude Petal Pusher, minty green Breakfast at Tiffany’s, hot pink Pinky Promise, coral orange Sunset Boulevard, purply pink Sweet Dreams, blue Rain Check and red Lotta Love, $4.79 each
- Completely Organized Grande — An organizer bag with gold zipper and compartments for makeup, toiletries, tools and more available in Fuchsia, Orange and Blue, $16.99 each
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,