I sure had a hard time concentrating this afternoon… You know how it goes sometimes. You’ve got your to-do list scribbled on a Post-It note, but your mind keeps wandering.
You check your e-mail, Twitter, open a new browser tab to anthropologie.com, spend a few minutes looking at pretty dresses, check your e-mail again, open another tab to Google News, see an article about jogging and wonder, “Hmm…do I still have that baby blue velour tracksuit?”
Then you glance down at your to-do list again, check the clock and vow to tackle your next task at the top of the hour. While you wait, of course, you pull up Glamour’s website in your browser and read an article on relationships titled, Who REALLY wrote the book of love?
That was pretty much me this afternoon, and to make matters worse, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the new Too Faced Love Sweet Love Set ($46).
The seven-piece limited edition kit includes a Book of Love Palette with six powder eyeshadows, two separate powder blushes, two lip glosses, a full-size tube of Lashgasm Mascara, a sample sized Shadow Insurance, a sample sized Perfect Eyes Eye Liner in Perfect Black, a half-ounce tube of Primed & Poreless Face Primer, a multipurpose face brush and a gold embroidered makeup bag.
More to like about Love Sweet Love?
- The Eyeshadows: I dig the shades, but you might have to layer these six moderately opaque eyeshadows if you favor intense eye looks
- Blushes: Love, sweet, love! These softly shimmering, finely milled blushes give my skin a subtle glow
- Glosses: They’re nicely pigmented, smooth and non-sticky, but I’d probably like ‘em even more if they weren’t seated so close to the blushes
- Primer: Is it weird that I like this more for the typography on the tube than the formula of the primer, which feels a little heavy on my skin?
- Shadow Insurance: Not my favorite for eye looks with lots of blending (gotta get rid of those edges and lines!), but for single washes of color, I think it’s fab
- Liner: Winner, winner, chicken dinner! It’s soft, jet black and clings to my lash and water lines
- Mascara: My new favorite mascara for thicker, longer lashes. No clumps or flakes, and it holds the curl like a champ
- Brush: Super fluffy! — and the pink tips are a cute touch
All in all, not a bad set. And I really like the mascara, liner and blushes.
PRICE: $46 (a $130 value)
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora and Ulta stores, and online at toofaced.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,