Dear Easter Bunny,
Please disregard my previous Easter basket request for Cadbury Mini Eggs, Marshallow Peeps, Jordan Almonds, Sour Patch Kids and Mini Snickers. Instead, I’d like to revise my previous note to only request a Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-lasting Matte Eye Shadow ($35 each).
Yup, you read that correctly. No candy whatsoever. Just eyeshadow.
I realize that this unorthodox request breaks our 36-year sugar-fueled tradition — and you know how much I love Easter candy, yummo! — but my muffin top has threatened to advance its plans to expand if I don’t lay off the sweets. To that end, the Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Shadows are just so wonderful and calorie-free.
I wore Sweet Dust Seriema, a cool-toned mauve taupe, pretty much all weekend long. It’s one of six shades in the line, and my goodness! — smoother and softer than the downy feathers of a newborn chick.
After running five miles yesterday (on my muffin top’s advice) and cleaning up, I applied a few layers of this semi-opaque shadow on my lids for a sophisticated, classic red carpet look with a smidgen of sultry.
Or at least that’s the way I like to think it looks.
And the best part? It was so darn simple — one color, one brush, no fallout, BAM! I just concentrated the color along my lash lines and faded it toward the brow bone.
Long-lasting Matt Eye Shadow in Sweet Dust Seriema; one of six shades, $35 each
Later in the evening, as I was getting ready to remove my makeup with my trusty MAC Cleanse Off Oil, I observed that with the exception of some very minor fading, Seriema looked exactly like it did when I applied it eight hours earlier.
Rumor has it that you and the Easter Bunny are really good friends. I heard through the grape vine, aka the Tooth Fairy, that you guys are on the same bowling team. Well, if you wouldn’t mind, could you put in a good word for me? Like I said up top, I’d really like to trade my Easter candy this year for a pink pan of Bashful Flamingo or Chestnut-napped Apalis. I figure it couldn’t hurt to ask.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Matte Eyeshadow
- Available in six shades
- Papyrus Canary (a semi-opaque pale beige)
- Grey Go-away Lourie (a semi-opaque smoky slate gray)
- Blackpepper Jay (a semi-opaque smokey blackish brown)
- Sweet Dust Seriema (a semi-opaque cool mauve taupe)
- Bashful Flamingo (a semi-opaque pale pink)
- Chestnut-napped Apalis (a semi-opaque chestnut with a hint of cocoa)
- Each pan of Rouge Bunny Rouge Matte Eyeshadow comes with 2.4 grams of product, which breaks down to $15 per gram, which is super pricey (By comparison, NARS eyeshadow singles cost $10.90 per gram, MAC shadows work out to $9.37 per gram, and Sunday Riley shadows work out to $5.61 per gram.)
- They sure are expensive, but these bunnies didn’t spare a single detail — from the boxes to the packaging to the textures, color, wear time and overall performance. Flawless across the board.
PRICE: $36 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now online at zuneta.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A (they sure are expensive, but oh, so good!)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Hope your week got off to a good start. It’s hard to believe it’s already the last week of March. I had a pretty good day, even though it rained from dawn till dusk, because El Hub took the day off from work, so I had both of my boys with me, which is always nice.
What did you do tonight? I’m just taking it easy, re-reading Mocking Jay.