Dear Easter Bunny,
Please disregard my previous Easter basket request for Cadbury Mini Eggs, Marshallow Peeps, Jordan Almonds, Sour Patch Kids and Mini Snickers. Instead, Iâ€™d like to revise my previous note to only request a Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-lasting Matte Eye Shadow ($35 each).
Yup, you read that correctly. No candy whatsoever. Just eyeshadow.
I realize that this unorthodox request breaks our 36-year sugar-fueled tradition — and you know how much I love Easter candy, yummo! — but my muffin top has threatened to advance its plans to expand if I don’t lay off the sweets. To that end, the Rouge Bunny Rouge Eye Shadows are just so wonderful and calorie-free.
I wore Sweet Dust Seriema, a cool-toned mauve taupe, pretty much all weekend long. It’s one of six shades in the line, and my goodness! — smoother and softer than the downy feathers of a newborn chick.
After running five miles yesterday (on my muffin top’s advice) and cleaning up, I applied a few layers of this semi-opaque shadow on my lids for a sophisticated, classic red carpet look with a smidgen of sultry.
Or at least that’s the way I like to think it looks.
And the best part? It was so darn simple — one color, one brush, no fallout, BAM! I just concentrated the color along my lash lines and faded it toward the brow bone.
Long-lasting Matt Eye Shadow in Sweet Dust Seriema; one of six shades, $35 each
Later in the evening, as I was getting ready to remove my makeup with my trusty MAC Cleanse Off Oil, I observed that with the exception of some very minor fading, Seriema looked exactly like it did when I applied it eight hours earlier.
Rumor has it that you and the Easter Bunny are really good friends. I heard through the grape vine, aka the Tooth Fairy, that you guys are on the same bowling team. Well, if you wouldn’t mind, could you put in a good word for me? Like I said up top, I’d really like to trade my Easter candy this year for a pink pan of Bashful Flamingo or Chestnut-napped Apalis. I figure it couldn’t hurt to ask.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Long-Lasting Matte Eyeshadow
- Available in six shades
- Papyrus Canary (a semi-opaque pale beige)
- Grey Go-away Lourie (a semi-opaque smoky slate gray)
- Blackpepper Jay (a semi-opaque smokey blackish brown)
- Sweet Dust Seriema (a semi-opaque cool mauve taupe)
- Bashful Flamingo (a semi-opaque pale pink)
- Chestnut-napped Apalis (a semi-opaque chestnut with a hint of cocoa)
- Each pan of Rouge Bunny Rouge Matte Eyeshadow comes with 2.4 grams of product, which breaks down to $15 per gram, which is super pricey (By comparison, NARS eyeshadow singles cost $10.90 per gram, MAC shadows work out to $9.37 per gram, and Sunday Riley shadows work out to $5.61 per gram.)
- They sure are expensive, but these bunnies didn’t spare a single detail — from the boxes to the packaging to the textures, color, wear time and overall performance. Flawless across the board.
PRICE: $36 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now online at zuneta.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A (they sure are expensive, but oh, so good!)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Hope your week got off to a good start. It’s hard to believe it’s already the last week of March. I had a pretty good day, even though it rained from dawn till dusk, because El Hub took the day off from work, so I had both of my boys with me, which is always nice.
What did you do tonight? I’m just taking it easy, re-reading Mocking Jay.