Next time you happen to find yourself by the Hourglass display at Sephora, have a look at my new favorite duo, the Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Dune ($38).
Oh, it’s so gorgeous… One side, a shimmery champagne; the other a deep, shimmery olive with a whisper of smokey black, but this duo’s good looks are just the icing on the cake. Both shades also blend like coffee and cream. Super silky, highly pigmented, and best of all? — when they’re layered on top of a good primer, they DO NOT MOVE.
Paired with NARS Pro-Prime, they don’t crease or fade for…I don’t know, 14 hours? It really does seem that long. Heck, I even wore them on bare eyelids for fun the other day and still only noticed a couple creases hours later.
Additional makeup worn in this look
- MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara (upper and lower lashes)
- NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Primer (lids)
- Dolce & Gabbana The Khol Pencil in True Black (upper and lower waterlines)
- Hourglass Illume CrÃ¨me-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset (blush on apples and bronzer below apples to contour)
- Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum (cheeks, chin, forehead and nose)
- MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC42, MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC42 and Tarte Provocateur Pressed Powder in Honey (face)
- MAC Prep + Prime Vibrancy Eye, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25, MAC Mineralize Concealer in NC35, MAC Care Blends Essential Oils in Grapefruit + Chamomile (under eyes)
The only catch is the price, but for what it’s worth, I see myself hitting the pan on Dune. I love the combination of colors — I mean, this champagne and olive go together so well — and I think they also look pretty great on their own. Together, they’re perfect for an elegant eye look a step above basic brown and beige. Just add black liner and mascara, and youâ€™re good to go.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Sephora stores and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+ (even at this price)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,