Today I took the brand spankin’ new Dior Soft Pink Design All-In-One Artistry Palette ($58) from the Dior Montaigne spring 2011 collection out for a spin using the little tutorial that comes with the palette as a guide…
I love it when products come with these things (sending positive reinforcement to all the companies out there) because they make looks as easy as 1-2-3.
Final look with mascara
That’s Benefit Sugarbomb Blush on my cheeks, Ultraflesh Panthera Mascara on my lashes and Dior Creme De Gloss in 225 atop a layer of Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in 374 Rouge Artiste Artist Pink on my lips.
A few quick notes on the palette:
- The gray shadow in the upper left corner of the palette isn’t all that gray at all. I think’s it looks more purplish mauve on my NC35 skin, and I like that about it.
- The glittery shadows exhibit very little fallout. Both the shine and base shadows (upper right and lower left, respectively) contain oodles of shimmer/glitter, yet they still adhere really well to my skin.
- The base shadow is easy to apply with fingers. The way it feels reminds me of the creamy shadows in the Chanel Ombres Perlees de Chanel Eyeshadow Palette, and I think when I apply it with my fingers, I get a smoother, more uniform layer of color than when I apply it with a brush.
- That gray cream liner in the lower left totally rocks! What a nice surprise. Smooth as silk and super pigmented, too, this shade is my favorite thing about the palette. It wears well along both my lash and waterlines.
- Applying the gray and pink shadows in (the ones in the center) with a wet brush head really amplifies the colors. I used a MAC 239 spritzed with MAC Fix+ and like the result.
It’s too blasted expensive, so it loses big points for that, but I find this quint extremely easy to work with. I love the textures and didn’t expect there to be as much pigment as I found. If you can get past the price and want to get an early start on spring with an eye palette in soft pink, gray and mauve, consider Dior’s sassy Soft Pink Design.
AVAILABILITY: At Dior counters and stores soon
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,