El Hub: Sweetie, are you okay? Why are you crying?
Me: I’m not crying. My eyes are just watery.
El Hub: Are you sure, babe? I think those might be tears.
Me: If I tell you, you’ll think I’m silly.
El Hub: I promise not to think you’re silly.
Me: I dunno… I was just about to chat with the gals on the blog about this new Rouge Bunny Rouge Naked Disguise Concealer, and then I started thinking about its velvety texture, and so I took out The Velveteen Rabbit and re-read it, and now I can’t stop crying.
I mean, when the Velveteen Rabbit becomes real at the end…?
El Hub: It’s okay. Put down the concealer for a second, and I’ll go get you Charmie and make you a cup of ice cream. I think we have some Three Twins Sea Salt Caramel in the freezer…
Me: (Sniffs) Really?
El Hub: You’ll feel better after you take a break, and then you can talk to your friends about makeup. I know that always makes you feel better.
Me: (Sniffs) Alright… 🙂
Swatches from the left: Thalia 045, Eunice 046 and Clio 047
Rouge Bunny Rouge Naked Disguise Glide Concealers
- Available in three shades, each with a sheer, semi-opaque coverage and a satiny finish — Clio 047 (a warm semi-opaque ochre-beige), Eunice 046 (a medium-toned semi-opaque peachy beige) and Thalia 045 (a natural-looking semi-opaque light beige)
- Designed to disguise imperfections, like light scars and fine lines, while bestowing a natural-looking glow and color
- I think all three shades are a little light for my NC42 skin…but I might be able to wear Clio 047 to diminish the red spots on my chin (damn these hormonal breakouts!) and Eunice 046 under my eyes
- Clio does a good job of covering up the redness on my blemishes. It looks pretty natural and lightweight, but now that I think about it, I’m not so sure about Eunice. It doesn’t do much for my dark circles and only lasts about five hours
- I do like the creamy formula and crayon packaging, but lighter lovelies and gals with medium skin tones may have better luck than I do with these. If you need real deal, heavy-duty concealing, though, you may want to look elsewhere (I really like the MAC Pro Longwear Concealers)
PRICE: $27 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at beautyhabit.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B
Now serving Trader Joe’s Meatless Meatballs!
Perfect for spaghetti in “meat” sauce, LOL! I made it last night with TJ’s off-the-shelf marinara sauce, and I think it turned out surprisingly good. First, I cooked the meatballs in a little olive oil with some shallots, garlic and basil, yum!.
Let me know if you want the full (easy) recipe. I’m thinking about starting a Meatless Mondays at home.
Hope your hump day got off to a good start. 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,