How’s it going tonight, ladies? I just finished dinner and wanted to check in before bed. Do you remember last week’s A.C. Slater flashback? It was when I started testing the newly re-formulated Curly Sexy Hair line.
After a week using the six products, I think there are a few I’ll keep in my regular rotation, but I’m still on the market for a moisturizing conditioner.
- Moisturizing Shampoo ($13): It builds into a foamy lather that gently cleanses without stripping or irritating my scalp. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
- Moisturizing Conditioner ($14): My least favorite product of the bunch… It infuses curls with light moisture and doesn’t weigh down my hair, but it’s not the best detangler. I had to use four large handfuls and that barely worked. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: C
- Spray Detangler ($15): It removes knots, moisturizes and increases the definition of my curls, but it takes forever to use on a big head of hair. That’s because I found the only way it worked was if I sprayed from roots to ends and combed it through with my fingers. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
- Liquid Curling Gel ($16): This one defines and holds my curls all day long without leaving them crunchy. I think my favorite part about it is that the gel doesn’t feel goopy or sticky. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
- Curl Power Spray Foam ($16): Using it, my curls do look a little more curly than usual. I think it would work better on thin, curly hair that’s more manageable than mine. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
- Curling Creme ($16): To ramp up the shine and add some definition to curls, the Curling Creme gets the job done. It even adds a little weight, which helps to keep my unruly ends under control. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B
Apart from the conditioner, I think the line is just okay. All of the products have the same yummy light green apple scent and do work to a respectable degree. None of them made my scalp flake, which happens sometimes with new hair stuff. I’m glad about that, and I think my curls are a little better defined and under more control than they’d been prior to last week, but the overall effect hasn’t been significant enough for me to run out and scream from the rooftops, ya know?
We made it!
Tomorrow night I’m supposed to go to a friend’s birthday shindig here. It’s a mile-long walking tour of supposedly haunted places in SF. Sounds like fun, but I hope none of the ghosts follow me home!
Hope you’re having a great night.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,