It’s like the shy boy you met in front of a bookstore, or the brazen street cat who boldly strutted into your apartment one random afternoon (“From this day forward, YOU ARE MY HUMAN!”).
Big change has a funny way of finding us when we least expect it. One minute we’re eating roasted almonds on the couch; the next minute we’re cleaning up cat barf on the living room floor.
That’s how it was for me and $22 MAC Glamour Daze Powder Blush in Easy Manner, one of the happiest accidents I’ve had in weeks.
I was thrilled the first time I saw this sateen, slightly pinkish peach radiantly glowing on my cheeks…
Just like I was on my first date with that shy boy from the bookstore (who turned out to be El Hub). Or the first time that brazen kitty purred in my lap.
And the best thing about Easy Manner’s understated but electrifying thrill? — it’s easy to repeat. Just sweep or swirl a couple layers on the apples of your cheeks.
MAC Glamour Daze Powder Blush in Easy Manner
- A long-wearing, glitter-less, natural-looking peachy pink blush with a soft, satiny finish
- One of three new limited edition Powder Blush shades from the MAC Glamour Daze holiday collection
- Limited edition, shiny black packaging has a white MAC Logo on top
- Costs $2 more than the blushes in MAC’s permanent collection ($22 versus $20)
- I think it looks great dressed up or down, but I really love it with creamy neutral lipsticks like Hourglass Vintage and shimmery black or gray smokey eyes with a cream eyeshadow (a few to try: Benefit Creaseless Cream in Strut, MAC Paint Pot in Blackground or Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Mirifique)
Even though the price hike seems unnecessary, MAC Glamour Daze Powder Blush in Easy Manner has a way with cheeks. For a fantastic, natural-looking flush with a kick, it’s an unexpected gem that should suit most skin tones.
AVAILABILITY: Available now at MAC counters, stores and maccosmetics.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A-
A question of great urgency and importance
So I’ve been wrestling with this all afternoon: is 37 too old to wear space cat leggings?
Because I really like this pair I found on Etsy.
I love the print, but hmm… I’m not a cheeky teen or 20-something anymore. If necessary, please save me from myself. I don’t want to end up living in the fashion monkey house (the one reserved for crazy cat ladies!), LOL!
Onward to Friday! But first, I’m watching Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,