Got 120 seconds for FranÃ§ois?
WHAT IT IS: NARS Yamal Single Eyeshadow. A sheer, cool brown matte single shadow that looks like a fawn’s delicate fur. It’s one of four shadow singles in the new NARS fall 2013 collection, and the only one that’s limited edition.
WHAT IT DOES:
- This soft, silky matte blends without misbehaving
- Like a lighter version of Urban Decay’s Buck Eyeshadow, or MAC Era with a cooler color temp, a tad more taupe and zero shimmer
- It’s a smooth operator, especially for a matte, never looks chalky and refrains from chilling out in my fine lines
- Worn with NARS Pro Prime, it lasts all day on my combination skin without creasing or fading
- Elegant worn alone on lids with a black liner along the water lines and a smidgen of NARS Kamatcha (also from the fall 2013 collection) eyeshadow smudged along the lower lash lines
- The only limited edition NARS Eyeshadow Single in the fall 2013 collection
THE VERDICT: Less about flashy and more about extreme functionality, cool matte brown Yamal may not excite NARS fans of the Night Series Eyeshadows, but makeup mavens looking for sheer, soft, easy-to-blend workhorse neutrals might fall in love.
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition, and coming July 15 to NARS counters, boutiques and online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,
P.S. Monday down, Tuesday to go. Have you had your tea or coffee yet?