Also wearing in the picture above…
EYES: NARS Bronzer in Laguna in the crease, NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Gabon in the outer corner and inner corner, NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Opal Coast in the center of the lid, NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Canberra on the lower lash line, NARS Larger THan Life Long Wear Eyeliner in Rue Bonaparte on the water line and Topshop Doe Eyed Lashes mascara on my lashes.
CHEEKS: NARS Bronzer in Laguna to contour and NARS Blush in Almeria on the apples.
LIPS: NARS Lipstick in Femme Fleur and NARS Lipgloss in Soleil D’Orient.
OK, help me out. These are the three new Hardwired Eyeshadows from the 13-piece NARS Holiday 2014 Laced with Edge collection, so I’m trying to think of puns using the word “hardwired.”
Tabs is hardwired to kack at birds.
I am hardwired to lose track of time in Sephora.
The Terminator is hardwired by John Connor, in the future, to travel back in time to kill John’s mother, thereby ensuring Skynet’s…
Yeah, that one’s not working.
How about this? I am hardwired to like NARS.
Simple, clear, to the point. I like it. 🙂
I gasped out loud when I swatched this new line of sparkly powder eyeshadows in Opal Coast, Canberra and Gabon.
It’s no secret, but sometimes iridescent and metallic finishes can be difficult to wear, especially when they’re really chunky and gritty and just sit on top of my skin highlighting my fine lines…
Being slightly creamy, the Hardwire formula seems to bind a little better to the skin. Sure, my fine lines are still there, but they don’t look as obvious as they do when I wear other metallic eyeshadows. As far as shiny shadows go, I think these are very forgiving.
Now, what about fallout? Yeah, there’s quite a bit. I see it under my eyes and on top of my upper cheekbones, and fluffy brushes make it worse, but seriously, it’s nowhere near as bad as some of the shimmery powders I’ve tried from other lines, where glitter ends up everywhere — my brows, my lashes, my ears, my cat. I’ve come to the conclusion that when I wear these, I’ll just let the glitter go, like I’m releasing doves at a wedding…
Because the grains are very fine, I actually think it looks kind of pretty when it lands on my cheeks and beneath my eyes.
I’m still testing these for wear time, but after five hours, I haven’t seen any creasing or fading.
Really liking these so far!
PRICE: $25 each
AVAILABILITY: Available online and at NARS Boutiques October 15, and coming to NARS counters in department stores November 1
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A-
The NARS Holiday 2014 Laced with Edge collection includes…
- Hardwired Eyeshadow in Canberra, a shimmering lavender ($25)
- Hardwired Eyeshadow in Opal Coast, an iridescent white ($25)
- Hardwired Eyeshadow in Gabon, a bronzed green ($25)
- Blush in Almeria, a tan rose ($30)
- Hardwired Lipstick in Deadly Catch, a crimson ($26)
- Hardwired Lipstick in Femme Fleur, a shimmering brick red with golden pearl ($26)
- Hardwired Lipstick in Adriatic, a glistening soft cream ($26)
- Lip Gloss in Burning Love, a bright ruby with subtle shimmer ($26)
- Lip Gloss in Corsica, a shimmering pink raspberry ($26)
- Lip Gloss in Soleil D’Orient, a shimmering pink champagne ($26)
- Nail Polish in Barents Sea, a sparkling deep blue ($20)
- Nail Polish in Algonquin, a sparkling lilac ($20)
- Nail Polish in Sherwood, a shimmering violet rose ($20)
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,