Greetings, gals. I just came across a gift set that might save some butts this holiday season the NARS Drop Dead Gorgeous Mini Nail Kit ($30).
It’s a four-piece mini nail polish kit, one of five for the holidays from NARS. This one comes with four classic colors that I’m guessing even the most finicky nail polish divas will dig.
- Arabesque: A peachy rose with glitter in a sheer pink base
- Chinatown: A creamy dark red
- Candy Darling: A sheer, creamy beige
- Saratoga: A shimmery golden burgundy
There are shades to suit a wide range of my nail polish moods, like Arabesque, which I see hitting the spot when I want something with an edge. Then, at the other end of the spectrum, there’s Candy Darling, for when I want a more conservative look. Closing out the kit are Chinatown and Saratoga — two classic, dark colors that I see myself wearing all the time.
More stuff to like…
- Cooperative shades that should work with a wide range of skin tones
- Arabesque layers well on top of the other shades, doing a lot to maximize your color options with the kit (almost like getting three additional shades in one)
- The polishes dry fast and have a shiny finish
- Chic red packaging is easy on the eyes
The mini .25-oz bottles are tiny compared to NARS’ regular .50-oz bottles
If you’re looking for gifts for girlfriends/family and shooting for the $30 range, I don’t think you can go wrong with Drop Dead Gorgeous. Don’t be surprised, though, if you’re tempted to keep the set for yourself! Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A+
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,