7 places I’d like to wear MAC’s new RiRi Woo Lipstick, a $15 limited edition, online exclusive collaboration with Rihanna
- To a fancy fashion party with Gwen Stefani in attendance. I’d walk up to her, point at her signature matte red lips, and then mine, and say, “Twinsies, Gwen! Twinsies!”
- To Trader Joe’s, but only if I’m also wearing it with Blacktrack, a pair of 33 Lashes, Blushbaby Blush and a sassy, pin-up girl outfit, because A) all those things would look killer with RiRi Woo’s cool, matte red color and B) I strive to live in a world where one dresses up solely to buy frozen broccoli.
- On a plane heading to the Cannes Film Festival (oh, someday!), because power reds go so well with crossing big dreams off of life lists. Of course, I’d also want to have a tube of hydrating lip balm with me, since RiRi Woo’s matte finish, combined with a climate-controlled airplane cabin, would dry my lips like WHOA!
- To a Tina Turner concert because, I dunno, I just think Tina’s a total @ss-kicker. I listened to Better Be Good to Me on the treadmill last Saturday and had one of the best runs of my life, seriously. If I were ever in the front row at one of her concerts, maybe she’d catch a glimpse of RiRi Woo on my lips as I screamed, “I LOVE YOU, TINA!!” at the top of my lungs.
- To a Mad Men-themed cocktail party dressed up like Betty Draper when she totally lost her her sh*t and started shooting birds in the yard, complete with nightie, prop cigarette and prop shotgun. If possible, I’d also incorporate toy pigeons into the outfit as well.
- To a vampire techo club, a la Blade (the first one), because who has time to touch up their lips when they’re dancing to New Order one minute and running for their life the next? It’s those unexpected fight-or-flight moments when long-wearing mattes like RiRi Woo (hello, 6-hour wear time!) really come in handy.
- To basically anywhere I’d also wear the regular Ruby Woo shade, since the two appear to be, more or less, the same color, with the big difference being, as far as I can tell, the hearts and RiRi’s signature etched into the side of the bullet.
RiRi Woo, y’all! Apparently, gals went ca-ray-zaaay when it went on sale on MAC’s website May 2. It sold out quicker than you can sing, “Umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh!”
Okay, not exactly… It took about three hours, from what I hear.
Based on Rihanna’s favorite MAC Lipstick shade, Ruby Woo, it’s supposed to be her take on the color — the remix, so to speak.
I’ve been Ruby Wooing for years. I love the shade, but I don’t really see much of a difference between it and RiRi’s version, truth be told. RiRi’s might be a tad cooler than Ruby. Maybe. Slightly.
I was expecting a more dramatic difference, but hey, if you missed RiRi Woo last week and feel like life won’t be complete without it, you can sign up on maccosmetics.com for an email reminder when it returns in June.
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition, online exclusive coming June to maccosmetics.com
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A (if you like Ruby Woo…)
Day trippin’ to Yountville
I felt like getting out of dodge last weekend, so El Hub and I drove the hour or so up to Napa Valley, allergies be damned!
We ended up having lunch at one of our favorite places up there, Bistro Jeanty…
Basil mashed potatoes. Oh, yeah…
Slightly better than what I had for lunch today, which was canned soup.
In other news, how’s it going tonight? What are you up to?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,