The first time I tried the MAC Sheen Supreme Lipsticks waaaay back in 2011 (Eek! Was it that long ago?!), I loved how shiny and smooth they looked and how creamy and slick they felt.
But man! They sucked every dang molecule of moisture from my lips! They left my pout so parched that I started calling them “the cactus lipsticks,” and whenever I wore one I half expected tumbleweeds to roll past my field of view…
Dry, dry, DRY.
Thankfully, this new batch of six limited edition shades is much improved. Or at least I think so. I’m not sure if MAC tweaked the non-sticky formula, but it sure seems that way to me. They certainly feel much more moisturizing, and no more cactus lips.
The six new MAC Sheen Supreme Lipsticks include…
- Pret-a-Pretty: a soft warm pink
- Gotta Dash: a clean, pale coral
- Playtime: a bright coral pink
- Sweet Grenadine: a bright orange
- Pleasurefruit: a bright warm pink
- Candy Apple: a warm mid-tone plum
What you should know
- Part of the new limited edition 14-piece MAC So Supreme Collection, along with eight Sheen Supreme Lipglass Tints.
- They have a lightweight, moisturizing (YES!!) lipstick formula with the shiny finish of a MAC Lipglass.
- They taste and smell like trademark MAC with the company’s signature vanilla scent and flavor.
- Smooth, creamy and non-sticky, they offer medium coverage and last 4-5 hours on my lips.
- If I could only bring one of them with me to wear on a deserted island (just me and Jeremy Renner), I’d choose vibrant pink Playtime because I think it looks great with a tan.
- Gals who love bold lip colors and comfortable formulas should really like the brights in this batch.
PRICE: $17 each for a 0.12-ounce tube
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition and available now online and at all MAC locations in North America and internationally through September 26
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,