9 Things a Fashion-Forward, Makeup-Loving and Somewhat Judgemental Feline Is Thinking When You Wear the New MAC Powerchrome Eye Pencils
- Will you PLEASE stop gushing about how these creamy, flexible shadow pencils don’t need a primer, and start gushing about how awesome I am instead??
- Are you getting so lazy that you don’t even bother to use eye brushes anymore? I mean, I totally appreciate that you’re doing quick eye looks with these (frees up your time to do more of my bidding), but I really hope that this rampant laziness of yours doesn’t spill over into your pet assisting duties.
- Maybe you should take those fingers you’ve been using for blending and utilize them to scratch behind my ears a little more…
- I see that your lids are looking shimmery and sparkly. Kudos for that, but it’s distracting people who would otherwise be admiring my shiny coat.
- Okay, okay, so I don’t totally hate your makeup. That shimmery brown and black smokey eye you’re wearing does look moderately fierce… Nowhere near as fierce as my naturally smokey eyes, of course, but fierce nevertheless.
- It only took you five minutes to do that eye look. That’s fast, but NOT FAST ENOUGH! Now go to the kitchen immediately and fix me some gravy.
- I give you permission to wear these gold, copper, charcoal and bronzed brown pencils all summer long…since all of them go well with my fur.
- Good thing these pencils stand up to warm weather and perspiration, because when we’re on my private South Pacific island, I’ll need you to look good at all times, in the event that the paparazzi find us.
- Ugh! Yes, you may take your vacation in June, pending completion of the necessary paperwork, obviously. And just so you know, even though it’s a terrible inconvenience on my part, I’m still happy to help you with your travel makeup list. In fact, I suggest starting now by packing the MAC Powerchromes. You’re welcome. 🙂
All cattitude aside, the pigments powering the $21 MAC Powerchrome Eye Pencils from the new Temperature Rising collection are nothing short of awesome, babe. Totally backup worthy, and then some.
Wear them by themselves or as bases for powder eye shadows.
Creamy, soft Rich Glance, Copper Strip, Life’s Luxury and Polished Jet are like a great day when everything just goes your way, smooothly. You get about a minute to blend out the edges before the shadows set, and I usually use my fingers for that.
Once these dry, I don’t have to touch ’em for 10-12 hours, and that’s even without primer.
These saved my butt last weekend! I forgot all of my brushes when El Hub and I drove up to Redding last weekend (Grrr!), but I had these pencils with me, so I was still able to do some pretty decent eye looks for dinner and brunch.
And yesterday I wore Sparkly Powerchrome on my lids while cleaning the house (yes, sometimes I wear makeup to clean). 🙂
Here’s to hoping that MAC releases them in some other colors soon.
PRICE: $21 per 0.055-ounce stick
AVAILABILITY: Limited edition, coming May 16 online and May 23 to MAC counters and stores
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A+
Lame grownup stuff…
Sorry if I haven’t been around too much lately. I’ve had a lot of “lame grownup stuff” to do, like cleaning the condo and shredding so much accumulated paper that I actually broke the shredder (oops!), and just trying to generally get my schtuff in order.
It’s nice to cross some of this stuff off my list, though… I’m beginning to feel less frazzled than I have in ages.
Just wanted to say I miss you. I’m still here. How are things over there? 🙂
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,